• 7(current)
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot?
sure, will test. Thanks.
ironic_monkey thanks for helping resolve this.

Btw, I did not call you a moron, etc. It was Karnagious who took the liberty to interpret my criticism as an insult to the person who put this feature in. Yes, I still believe that thumbs for TV episodes was an unnecessary feature, but no, I don't believe insulting anyone is the way to address it.

Bad features get put in and taken out of software all the time. No one should get insulted over stuff like this, and I still believe that Karnagious is a gigantic asshole for turning this into personal attacks. All I was doing was bringing a glaring defect to the developers' attention, and yes, I may have begun to sound frustrated after a few months of having a very plot-intensive show spoiled episode after episode, but as a result, future users won't suffer from the same problem, so it's a win for everybody.
Thanks to all looking in to this. It's beem a little pet peve of mine. Been trying to change my skin to hide/replace thumbnails, but hard reading code when i know so little.

Would it be possible to just show the shows logo instead of the episode thumbnail?
I've implemented this feature into my next skin (fTV) but, as well as hiding them when the plot is hidden, I also added a separate skin option (Hide thumbnails for unwatched episodes) because I don't like the fact that movie plots are also hidden when 'hide 'plot' is enabled although TV shows plots aren't.
We are now looking at merging this into Master, so a generic default thumb image is needed to replace the episode thumbs.

This is one creative commons image I found at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:...wesome.svg

Looks good
Or something like

from http://www.clipartbest.com/clipart-niEXpEoiA however I don't see what if any licence.
I was looking for a better image like one person whispering to another, but so far couldn't find a decent image in public domain... But the Idea would be similar to this. Blur that image and overlay a couple of things over. Like:

or based on what jjd-uk first svg,

The image I used there is from a episode of Dexter taken from tvdb.

If the original episode thumb could be blurred via code in the future, to some degree of unrecognisable fashion, then the overlay with the white/glyph could be put over the top as well just as easily, but thats wishful thinking.

Just a rough thought.

From jjd-uk also

I think that looks nasty imo. too much and not really image related as the thought/symbolism behind it is sound related.

As a side note to jjd-uk, Im happy to discuss this here, but if it gets trolled, Im out.
A couple of alternative eye ones

https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/314753/...n#size=128

https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/314276/...n#size=128

Licenses says free for commercial usage so I'm guessing we'd be ok.

We could also see if @samfisher could come up with something
(2015-04-13, 14:40)uNiversal Wrote: I think that looks nasty imo. too much and not really image related as the thought/symbolism behind it is sound related.

Yeah agreed, that was used to convey the idea of using a "shh" type icon to give a possible direction we could go.

(2015-04-13, 14:40)uNiversal Wrote: As a side note to jjd-uk, Im happy to discuss this here, but if it gets trolled, Im out.

Didn't want that PR to get spammed with lots of bike shedding.
may i suggest you have a look at the other default icons in confluence, before making suggestions? ;-)

none of what is presented above really fits the look & feel of confluence.

keep in mind that all default icons are:
- 256 x 256px
- 3D clip-art style
- coloured

as an example, this if what we currently use for all videos that don't have a thumb:

we could (to keep it simple) re-use this for videos with a hidden thumb,
or just create a slight variation of this thumb.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Its not bikeshedding, its rather genuine contribution to development and implementation of feature in a complete manner as efficiently as possible.
But ok in forums you can gain more feedback and more useless bikeshedding,
As long as it doesn't go sideways Im happy to take part.

The point is your very limited in what can be done symbolically to this though I'de be interested in seeing other genuine suggestion and am willing to a point to work them into a usable thumb.

@ronie yes I thought of that also, but iirc already people said that someone starts confusing this image - by a not scraped image and think somehow no thumb was downloaded.

variation on the way.
Plots can easily be avoided but thumbs with spoilers can't so this should be a separate option from plots because if you want to hide episode thumbs you'll lose the ability to see plots for movies.
(2015-04-13, 15:05)uNiversal Wrote: @ronie yes I thought of that also, but iirc already people said that someone starts confusing this image - by a not scraped image and think somehow no thumb was downloaded.

variation on the way.
Yes that's exactly the issue with re-using that as is, there would be no indication that the thumb had been downloaded but was just not being displayed, but a variation might work.

mm somehow I dislike that.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in hiding tv thumbnails when hiding plot? 3