Rom Collection Browser - Sound issue
Hi RCB fans,
I love the Rom Collection Browser, but I can't seem to get the sound working in any of the emulators. When I switch to XBMCbuntu, all emulators run fine with sound. However, when I launch them in XBMC everything is silent (no other sound issues in XBMC; music, movies, and navigation sounds work fine). I tried 3 emulators: Mame, openMSX, and Vice. The Vice commodore64 emulator gives the best clue I think. When starting a rom, a window opens with the following Vice error:
Sound: initialization failed for device 'alsa'.
Could it be that this alsa driver or whatever it is has trouble getting initialized twice? I run XBMCbuntu on an Aopen DE7000.

I tried the following:
- All HDMI / Analogue sound setting combinations in Settings/System/Audio Output
- Running the roms in stand-alone (but I can't seem to launch anything then)
- Not using the AEON MQ3 add-on
- Searching all threads on sound issues with the Rom Collection Browser, XBMCbuntu, Vice, openMSX, alsa issues with the DE7000.

The architecture I use: i686 (is what uname -m tells me)
System Information tells me Operating System: Linux 3.0.0-17-Generic #30-uBUNTU SMP THU MAR 8 17:34:21 UTC 2012 i686
XBMC 11.0 GIT:Unknown
Non-PVR Build
AEON MQ3 - Version 2.0.1 (I tried without this add-on)

GPU: ION/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL vendor: NVidia corporation
OpenGL version: 3.3.0 NVidia 280.13

The Aopen DE7000:
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53 GHz
CPU Speed: 800.00MHz

I recently took my first steps trying XBMCbuntu. I'm still a newby. I know some commands, but please don't go hardcore on me.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rom Collection Browser - Sound issue0