TV Shows - finding shows, not episodes ...
Hi guys,

running Eden and Transparency.

I've added my TV Shows media that is found on my server. All the TV Shows appear in the list (in the TV Shows menu), but 90% of them are showing 0 seasons, 0 episodes. They also have a tick in the box to the right of the TV Show name (in the Videos menu).

If I try and scan for new content it finds nothing new. However, if I go into each TV Show, TV Show Information, Refresh, Ignore and Refresh from Internet - then it finds the epsiodes and adds them correctly.

Any idea what's going on and how do I fix it? I really don't want to go through all my TV Shows and do it manually!

Pastebin File

Cheers,

Jed.
Is "Folder contains a single TV Show" turned on?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Nope! I had a similar problem before and I had it ticked, so it only showed one TV Show ... I think. Definitely not ticked this time Smile
Your tvshow.nfo file doesn't have the <episodeguide> tag, so the scraper doesn't know the show to lookup.

ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode smb://server/servertvshows3/The Good Wife/extrafanart/The.Good.Wife.S03E21.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

I use Ember to generate all my nfo's, posters, etc, and XBMC can read in my new episodes correctly, but if I try scraping in XBMC before I create the nfo in Ember, I get the same error.

I haven't looked into why I'm missing the episodeguide tab in my tvshow.nfo file yet, but that's the reason you're not scraping episodes.
Aha, I'll run Ember first and see how I get on ...

Where does the <episodeguide> tag need to go in the tvshow.nfo, and what's the correct syntax? I assume this needs to be in the .nfo file for each TV show that I have?
You can check out the .nfo structures here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...ML_and_URL

I'm not really sure why I'm missing it or why its needed - just reading the log. I'm pretty sure Ember created my tvshow.nfo in the first place, but like I said, I sure Ember to get all my nfo's (including the episodes), so XBMC picks them up locally instead of trying to scrape from TheTVDB.com site.
Just to follow up, here's a bug tracker for Ember I found:

http://ember.purplepig.net/issues/10

I only really noticed when I forgot to scrape with Ember before I updated my XBMC library and couldn't figure out why my new episodes weren't adding.

Once I realised and updated with Ember, I had to go into my source, bring up the context menu and select "Scan for New Content" to add the episodes, as the Update LIbrary function was skipping them - must ignore them for some reason since it already checked them in my unsuccessful update.
Episodeguide - am I right in thinking that I'd need to manually add the specific url for each TV Show? Sounds like a pain! I'll give Ember a go when I get chance tomorrow Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows - finding shows, not episodes ...0