Unraid need new HD's questions.... (to who own unraid)
Bug 
To who own the unRAID server....

I am on 4.7 .... the stable version.

Should I upgrade to the new version as I can see it can take up to 3tb to 4tb HD's

I know my motherboard also needs to be compatible with the HD's

Mmmmm I tough my mobo could take 3tb
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=880GM-LE

I must be wrong......

anyways.....

would it be worth it getting 3tb HD's? I know my pocket won't.... lolTongue

Also back then the HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 where highly recommended are they still up there?
I'm waiting until version 5 is actually final before using it on my production system. Not risking all my data until it is fully deemed stable.
... I have to admit, I haven't done much research on unRAID and I'm quite a noob but, are you saying the current release doesn't support 3TB hard drivesHuh That's gonna put a bit of a damper on the 3 3TB hard drives I have sitting here to build a media backup/server!
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-05-05, 20:54)Mick1152 Wrote: ... I have to admit, I haven't done much research on unRAID and I'm quite a noob but, are you saying the current release doesn't support 3TB hard drivesHuh That's gonna put a bit of a damper on the 3 3TB hard drives I have sitting here to build a media backup/server!

version 4.7 which is the current stable build does not, however version 5.0 (which is in release candidate status) does.
im sure the HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 are still FTW!!
RC2 is looking very good, and it supports 3TB/4TB drives. Check out the rc2 thread in their announcements section.
Cool thak you guys....

I think Ill just stay with 4.7 until we get another stable version....

Guess I'll buy another 2tb Hitachi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unraid need new HD's questions.... (to who own unraid)0