Stream my library through the web browser
Hello,

I was hoping someone here could help me. I've been looking for an application that would allow me to stream video files that I had on my PC through the network in a web browser. I thought that's what XBMC did, but after installing, setting up my library, and configuring the app to use the correct port, i started to realize that this may not be the right app for what I need.

I am able to connect to XBMC (internally and externally) via the web browser and can log in. I see my entire library which is great...however when I click on a video to play it, it starts to play on the local PC where XBMC is installed...as opposed to streaming through the browser.

Is there a way to have XBMC play the media through the browser on the remote PC as opposed to on the local?

If not...can someone recommend another app? I found something called mhive, which works, but it's a little buggy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Aaron
(P.S. even though XBMC isn't what I really want...i will start to use it on my media center as it's a great application)
Nope. XBMC's web interface (wiki) is only meant to be a "remote control" kind of thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream my library through the web browser0