[SOLVED]Audio device has failed to initialize
Hello all,

I'm Noob, and needing help.

I'm finding that my new install of Eden won't play most audio Ac3 and DTS with movie and TV files.
I'm receiving the dreaded audio device has failed to initialize.

I'm using HDMI from a new HTPC running windows 7 and a Sony audio receiver that otherwise works flawlessly.
I've got a Dune Player connected to the same receiver. NP there.

I've read several different threads about audio issues.

Please, any guidance is greatly appreciated!

hdserv
Pls check the device properties in the Windows playback devices window (right-click speaker icon, select playback devices, then select the properties of your HDMI device).

The first tab should show the accepted encoded formats - if you see Dolby & DTS then the device (and driver) are good.

Go to the advanced tab and check the two boxes marked "Enable devices to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" or something similar. Check both.

In the other tabs disable any enhancements and set volume to 100%.

You are now using WASAPI exclusive mode, best for audio quality and passthrough.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thank You, Thank You.

This worked Like a Charm!

hdservLaugh
Glad you're all good mate Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED]Audio device has failed to initialize0