Buffering since Eden
Hi,

I have an AMD 780G plattform with onboard Realtek Gigabit NIC, and since I upgraded from 10.1 to Eden, I have constant buffering issues, meaning: the video playback stopps, and I get a buffering-message on the top left screen. I am accessing files on a WHS (windows Home Server) file share.

Of course I was thinking about network trouble, but this problem 100% only exists with Eden, my Windows network ist stable enough to always deliver the desired bandwidh. I have tested this with 10.1, as well as with other media player programs that are stable for hours. However, video playback in Eden becomes worse over time, until I reboot, but finally happens again after some time. Sometimes, it's stable for 2 hours, but then occurs every 5 minutes.

I have already upgraded all drivers to their latest versions, and I am only two inches close to downgrading completely to 10.1 again Sad Please, can anybody help me what is wrong with Eden and my setup?

Edit: This is my current network performance:
NETIO - Network Throughput Benchmark, Version 1.31
© 1997-2010 Kai Uwe Rommel

TCP connection established.
Packet size 1k bytes: 110.11 MByte/s Tx, 106.03 MByte/s Rx.
Packet size 2k bytes: 110.34 MByte/s Tx, 109.92 MByte/s Rx.
Packet size 4k bytes: 110.73 MByte/s Tx, 111.79 MByte/s Rx.
Packet size 8k bytes: 106.77 MByte/s Tx, 112.12 MByte/s Rx.
Packet size 16k bytes: 112.14 MByte/s Tx, 110.34 MByte/s Rx.
Packet size 32k bytes: 112.20 MByte/s Tx, 74.26 MByte/s Rx.
Done.
Sorry you are having such issues. XBMC uses windows API for networking, and I'm not aware of any changes in the networking behavior from Dharma to Eden, although there is a chance something changed. What skin are you using? Are you minimizing then restoring the XBMC window? Have you resumed from sleep?

First thing I would check is if it happens on a clean install, without any extra add-ons or skins. If so, then grab a log with debugging enabled and post that to pastebin and link to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering since Eden1