XBMC Operation not permitted, please help!
Please do the xbmc log thingy again and post the link you get per e-mail not only the number.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
here you go :-) thanks again

Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2380

Cheers
NedScott help here - i don't know nothing about that log addon, but it seems its only getting crashlogs instead of log files.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-05-09, 11:40)tyfighter24 Wrote: Thanks Roquen,

Did you have to re format the drive from scratch or was there a quick way around this?

My network is fairly old, about 8 months, the only thing I have changed is my modem and after speaking with a couple of different people it seems as though the lack of the DLNA functionality on my modem may be causing the issue.

I hope so

Thanks

I had to change the file-permits on the drive and run "inherit" through the whole drive after I did so (setting every user + "Everyone" to Read/Write). Alas, there is still some issues with Win-clients that leave stuff on the HDD/Share - but that is probably because OSX thinks that it is reserved for another user.

Hmm, a fileshare should not be dependent on the DLNA-protocol (if you do not base your flow around DLNA). Simple filesharing should work straight from the router (AirPort Express).

Sorry that I could not be more helpful

Hope the guys logg-reading will help - they´re the expert about XBMC anyway! Wink

Cheers

I will have to check when I get home and can test directly on an ATV2. I tried the Log Uploader on Mac OS X and it worked fine, plus I didn't see any options to upload different logs.
Thanks guy's for your help, really very much appreciated :-)

Hope to have an outcome soon.

Cheers
Thanks Roquen, I'll check the sharing and make sure it's all everyone to read/write.

Any help is good help and I appreciate your input.

Cheers

(2012-05-09, 17:13)Roquen Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 11:40)tyfighter24 Wrote: Thanks Roquen,

Did you have to re format the drive from scratch or was there a quick way around this?

My network is fairly old, about 8 months, the only thing I have changed is my modem and after speaking with a couple of different people it seems as though the lack of the DLNA functionality on my modem may be causing the issue.

I hope so

Thanks

I had to change the file-permits on the drive and run "inherit" through the whole drive after I did so (setting every user + "Everyone" to Read/Write). Alas, there is still some issues with Win-clients that leave stuff on the HDD/Share - but that is probably because OSX thinks that it is reserved for another user.

Hmm, a fileshare should not be dependent on the DLNA-protocol (if you do not base your flow around DLNA). Simple filesharing should work straight from the router (AirPort Express).

Sorry that I could not be more helpful

Hope the guys logg-reading will help - they´re the expert about XBMC anyway! Wink

Cheers

Well i'm still wondering if you use that log addon in the right way. On other posts the link shows the right log. In your case it allways shows an outdated crashlog which doesn't give me any information.

I doubt it has something to do with DLNA tbh. But without the log i'm stumped.
Hi Memphiz, Im not sure how i could stuff that up, would i still get an email with a link to the pastebin if i was doing it wrong?

It's not just my ipad, but also my appletv1, macbook pro and iphone4 that get the same error2: share not avaiable message.

My IP address for my airpot is different to my modem also, I have tried to ad both with the shared drive but keep getting the same error and I have done this with success previously very easily as you guy's have made it, which was great.

But my macbook pro shows my airport express and shared drive and i can access all my movies to watch, just not with xbmc. Would a re jailbreak of my devices fix this?

Cheers
No don't overdo it. We need that xbmc.log file. Do the following on your macbook pro please.

Please reproduce the issue (make sure the error message appears) and after that quit XBMC. Also make sure that under settings->system->debugging the debugging is enabled when that error pops up.

After that open a terminal (its in your /Applications/Utilities folder) and enter the following:

Code:
cp ~/Library/Logs/xbmc.log ~/Desktop/xbmc.txt

After that you should see the xbmc.txt on your Desktop. Double click that file and it should get opened in textedit (a text editor program).

Now select all (hit command + a) and copy it into the clipboard (command + c).

Now goto http://pastebin.com and paste the log there (command + v) and hit "submit".

After that pastebin opens the site with your log. Grab the address from the address edit box (again command + a, command + c) and paste the address here (command + v).

Well thats as newbfriendly as i can be.

PS: this is the command key on your keyboard http://blog.netways.de/wp-content/upload...11/osx.jpg
Thanks Memphiz, I'll give it a go tonight.

Cheers
here you go:

http://pastebin.com/DRdmUdbU

Hope it's all good

Thanks Memphiz

Cheers
Ok this one is the right log. What exactly is this samba server (that thing with the ip 10.0.1.2)? Is this a router? Or a PC running windows?

Whatever this device is - you need to ensure that you are allowed to access it without any account information (username + password).

If there is a account needed then you have to add it to the samba source.

e.x.
Code:
smb://username:[email protected]/Ty's Drive
that thing with the IP address 10.0.1.2 is my airport express router.

I have my phone line connected to my netgear modem and then hooked up with ethernet cable from my modem to my airport express, same as I always have, not sure why it would be causing an issue now.

When I open network preferences on my macbook pro it says I'm connected to Ty's Network and has the IP address 10.0.1.2

When I in finder my airport express shows up shared and don't need a password to enter into it to access my shared drive.

Would the username and password for the samba source be from when I set up my network fro the airport?.

I know this is more about networks than xbmc, but could this help?

Cheers
I ave just gone through my airport utility in applications folder and with the setup it says:

Airport Extreme Name: Ty's Airport
IP Address: 10.0.1.1
Version.... and then Airport ID

But still in network preferences it says my IP address is 10.0.1.2.

I have tried to ad both as a new network location on xbmc and get the same error.

Is this setup right with having two different IP addresses for the same network?

Thanks for your help Memphiz

Hi guy's, it's working.

I just did a software update for the airport express and found out my actual IP address is 60.240.178.20, on the settings of airport utility under the summary tab i discovered this.

Also in airport utility under the disks tab under file sharing I had to change the Airport Disks Guest Access to read and write and also include the Airport Extreme password.

These settings were not showing before on my Airport Utility before the software update so I didn't have the option to change these. But all is good now.

Thank you so much for all your help with this, I appreciate your time and effort in assisting me.

You've been great, stoked I have now got the best media tool on all my devices again.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Operation not permitted, please help!0