my new Lenovo Q180 XBMC HTPC
Hi,

Thanks for the info. - I'll download it and give it a try.... it's quite annoying to see the slow XBMC menu ;-)
Definitively it's something wrong with the video driver.
I also observed that sometimes while running Chrome, the screen it's flickering and I get a balloon message from Windows on the task bar, that the Video-driver has crashed but it has recovered... Wink
Hi,

Well, I have download & installed the driver from the link above, but no improvement whatsoever.. Sad
Could you please share with us the type of Lenovo Q180 you have ?
I'm intrested about the type of video, processor, RAM etc. you have.
What Windows you whave?
32 or 64 bit?

thanks
How does Hulu and Netflix work on the Q180? I am debating on buying this as a HTPC to use for XBMC, Hulu, Netflix, Spotify, Pandora, Sirius and other sources of entertainment.
(2013-02-05, 21:58)DrPal Wrote: Hi,

Well, I have download & installed the driver from the link above, but no improvement whatsoever.. Sad
What Windows you whave?
32 or 64 bit?

thanks

I had the Same issue.
Download the 12.10 drivers, when you install it, there will be an option to uninstall the software and drivers use that first.
then reboot windows.
Then install the 12.10 driver and all should be well.
Bladerunner, could you PLEASE descripe your xbmc video setings for Q180? Thank you.
just an update from me.

with a clean windows 8 install, standard windows audio-drivers and the AMD catalyst v12.10 drivers every movie (including 1080p 24fps with hd-audio) runs absolutly smooth.
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
(2013-02-17, 09:43)kohnout Wrote: Bladerunner, could you PLEASE descripe your xbmc video setings for Q180? Thank you.

@kohnout
see previous page with my printscreens
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130924&page=3
(2013-02-12, 06:09)sintek Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 21:58)DrPal Wrote: Hi,

What Windows you whave?
32 or 64 bit?

thanks

I had the Same issue.
Download the 12.10 drivers, when you install it, there will be an option to uninstall the software and drivers use that first.
then reboot windows.
Then install the 12.10 driver and all should be well.

Hi,

Did the same procedure as you described... but no luck...
Can you please post the link to the 12.10 video driver ?
Question: Ii have noticed that I have 2 audio drivers installed one from AMD for the HDMI and another one from Relatek, I assume for the SPIDF...

Do you have the same ?

10x
FINALY WORKING

Yesterday. I read all over all the post on this subject.
I have uninstalled the video driver using the Catalyst 13.2 Beta6 build from AMD
Then uninstalled also all the audio drivers manually.
Restarted the PC and installed fresh the Catalyst 12.10 (incl. video and audio)

....and .... it is WORKING Wink XBMC is running smooth, picture and mouse in main menu... an all the thumbnails are quick, just as they run on my laptop.

So definitively it was a video/audio driver issue.
any news on the driverproblem? is there a new fixed nightly available?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
(2013-02-23, 18:56)ringgh0st Wrote: any news on the driverproblem? is there a new fixed nightly available?

have a look at this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66479&page=4

there's a patch that works but it didn't make it into the 12.2 release. I ran the working nightly for a couple of weeks without any problems. I plan to go back to it (or a nightly closer to the 12.2 release).
(2013-01-03, 18:12)sintek Wrote: I have the Q180 Windows 7 64Bit and the thing was terrible performance with Video and Audio at first.

The issue was that when Lenovo Pre-Installed Windows 7, the used the Defualt install method for the motherboard which was EUFI, The Lenovo Does not support that install method they were supposed to switch to Legacy. As far as I can make out, the machine works on a basic level but all the system calls are trying to go through EUFI mode to the hardware, which does not work then having to revert back to Legacy, on every call. this causes massive performance issues with Audio and Video.

The solution was for me to Re-install Windows 7 Pro and download and install the Drivers from Lenovo site EXCEPT the Audio and Video Drivers, they do not use current or properly working ones on the Lenovo site.

If you want HD audio you need to download and install the realtek R2.7 HD audio drivers from Realtek and for Video download the Drivers from AMD/ATI for the Video Card. Mine is the 6450 and I got the latest Catalyst Drivers from the AMD site.

Now Everything Works Great! Audio is awesome and video is smooth and clear.

Only issue is with the XBMC menus being a little slow and not too smooth.

This sounds like the solution to the issues that I have. I will try this at the weekend thankyou
I bought the Lenovo Q190 with windows 8 and multimedia remote control i am very happy with the performance with xbmc.

Just a warning: the 12.10 drivers will not work with W8.1.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
my new Lenovo Q180 XBMC HTPC 1