• 7(current)
Welo release...
Gimme ! ^_^
I didn't think that I would use another skin besides Alaska Revisited.... until I tried out Welo Smile Thank you so much for this great skin. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what you come up with the planned update. Any chance you could post the proposed "To-Do List" somewhere?
Is there an ETA on the next version?
I love this skin. Looks great and produces the lowest CPU Idle usage on my AMD E-450
(2012-10-17, 16:26)phool Wrote: I didn't think that I would use another skin besides Alaska Revisited.... until I tried out Welo Smile Thank you so much for this great skin. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what you come up with the planned update. Any chance you could post the proposed "To-Do List" somewhere?

(2012-10-19, 15:22)zwoggel Wrote: Is there an ETA on the next version?
I love this skin. Looks great and produces the lowest CPU Idle usage on my AMD E-450

Cheers guys. However i'm not sure it will ever be on par with Alaska. Legend of a skin by DJH and Hitcher. Wink Looking forward to Alaska HD.

Have no idea on next release. I've been busy working away at it recently. Coming along nicely however there is still a bit to do like...

*Bringing it in to line with Frodo skinning changes, the new skin widget, multiple image types, etc.
*Some more texture improvement work
*Some more design changes/improvements (like theme, Recent/Random, Weather, Settings, OSD)
*Add option for custom menu items
*Add option for Home add-on shortcuts (a bit like Recent/Random)
*Some additional viewtypes
*Complete some missing .xml files

Some of the above are mostly done, some i haven't started yet.

Then there the big one... PVR support! However that may have to wait until v3, or i have a feeling that v2 will never see the light of day!!

It should be a big improvement all round. Really happy with the changes i've made already.

Cheers
Quick update...

Version 2 is coming along nicely. Lots of redesigned bits, improved textures... a big improvement all round me thinks! Custom menu items will be in there, as well as custom home add-ons. It will be Frodo ready, and will also hopefully have PVR support. Still lots to do however i'm battling away.

Cheers
Great to hear. Thanks for the progress reports.
I'm looking forward to trying the next version, any update liquid? kudos to you for putting in the time on this, I for one really appreciate it.
(2012-12-18, 21:32)thebearnecessit Wrote: I'm looking forward to trying the next version, any update liquid? kudos to you for putting in the time on this, I for one really appreciate it.

Cheers. Wink Still working away on v2. I'd say 70% of the stuff i want to do is in it and working, however there's lots to polish and improve. And then there's still the big one to sort... PVR support! Haven't even started that, and i may bump it and make it v3, just so i can get the other improvements and redesigns out of the door.

Skinning time has been short due to life and stuff.

Have a good Christmas all! Ho Ho Ho!! Big Grin
Does it work on Frodo RC2?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2012-12-22, 19:03)patseguin Wrote: Does it work on Frodo RC2?

v2... of course! Wink Current version 1.0.4... not 100%! Sad

Just to give an idea of what i've actually been up to (mostly done however in need of some tlc, or in progress)...

*Recent/Random has been redesigned
*All dialogs have been redesigned
*Settings sections have been redesigned
*Video and Music Info screens redesigned
*Custom menu items
*Custom Home add-ons (like recent/random)
*All Frodo skinning changes included
*Slight main menu redesign including new Charms shortcuts
*Movies/TV Shows/Music info section redesign
*Improved textures quality

Things i still want to do...

*PVR support
*Weather redesign
*Home art (wait and see... something Welo had cooked up in his mockups!)
*Search function
*Login redesign
*Welcome tutorial
*OSD redesign
*A few additional viewtypes
*Advanced filtering
*Sub menu redesign
*1080 resolution change

Not all of the to do will make v2 by the way!!!

Theres lots of redesigns in there however don't worry, it's still Welo skin. The dialogs for example... Welo (the guy) didn't get chance to mock them up, so the current design is mine however basically their layout is like foundation skin. I was never happy with them. So now i'm correcting that!

I could post screens and video previews however that would spoil the surprise (or disappointment! Confused )

Cheers
So where do I get v2?
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I haven't finished it yet, so nowhere!
any update? It seems that Frodo is going to drop soon, but I don't want to upgrade until I can bring my favorite skin with me! Smile
I kinda feel the same. Anything on Welo?
(2013-01-04, 17:01)dagatech Wrote: any update? It seems that Frodo is going to drop soon, but I don't want to upgrade until I can bring my favorite skin with me! Smile

(2013-01-04, 17:50)patseguin Wrote: I kinda feel the same. Anything on Welo?

Cheers guys for the support. Still battling away. I'm stacked out at work at the mo, plus expecting my second daughter any day now, so things are moving slowly. They are still moving though... doing bit in the evening and during quiet work moments. However it won't be ready for Frodo release i expect.

Are either of you PVR users? I may do a beta release without PVR support and some other missing features (like global search), then a couple more betas bringing it to a feature complete level.

Cheers

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welo release...4