• 5(current)
Welo release...
(2012-06-08, 18:21)calibos Wrote: Would the users of this skin say it was one of the more CPU intensive skins or one of the less CPU intensive skins? I ask because I have been fretting about what hardware to purchase to replace all my xboxes. It seems the builds/AIO solutions that can handle the CPU intensive skins are $300+ while the likes of the ATV2 and the rumoured Google TV derived xbmc box are a much more wallet friendly $100 but are not powerful enough to smoothly handle the more CPU intensive skins. I heard Aeon Nox mentioned as a CPU intensive skin and had a looksee. Didn't like it at all and how cluttered it looked. If Cluttered = CPU heavy then my decision is made. Big Grin I don't need the more powerful $300+ boxes Big Grin I much prefer the look of the likes of Welo and if that means I don't need a $300 box to run it on then thats just the icing in the cake Big Grin

I haven't got one, however from comments made to date, Welo runs fine on the ATV2. I'd hang on though for confirmation from a ATV2 user!
Hey Liquidskin, I use an ATV2 And I'm quite Impressed! Performance is really good compared to other skins, only thing I noticed is that the movie coverflow is a little slower than refocus (which is the skin I currently use since it seems to be the only one running acceptable on the atv2) will use Welo from now, and hope you will continue this project. Thumps up!
(2012-06-09, 15:24)Spaggi Wrote: Hey Liquidskin, I use an ATV2 And I'm quite Impressed! Performance is really good compared to other skins, only thing I noticed is that the movie coverflow is a little slower than refocus (which is the skin I currently use since it seems to be the only one running acceptable on the atv2) will use Welo from now, and hope you will continue this project. Thumps up!

Cool! Cool Wink
Any chance of porting this skin to Plex? There is a serious shortage of good skins over there.
(2012-06-26, 03:19)lbbeurmann Wrote: Any chance of porting this skin to Plex? There is a serious shortage of good skins over there.

Hey lbbeurmann,

Not by me! Wink However i have no problem with a Plex skinner porting it when it's a little further down down the line in terms of development. Smile

Cheers
Is it possible to somehow make the banner view refer to banner.jpg, rather than folder.jpg?
No problem. Will add support for banner.jpg in next release. Cheers!
Brilliant! Thanks!
Just a couple of suggestions. Overall this is a kickass skin!

Can you remove the HD logo where the rating is? Im not sure why it shows "HD" for 720p and nothing for 1080p.
please add an option to remove the H.264 logo.
And if possible can you make tv show clipart smaller? They are usually pretty low resolution so when its to stretched it looks bad.

Most importantly ClearArt for TV shows!

(2012-07-14, 22:22)adriank99 Wrote: Can you remove the HD logo where the rating is? Im not sure why it shows "HD" for 720p and nothing for 1080p.

For what it is worth, my newly 1080p version of Firefly conveniently shows a "1080" logo as well as the HD-badge:

The files are huge .mkv's with "1080p BluRay" pur in the filename by SickBeard.
(2012-07-14, 22:22)adriank99 Wrote: Just a couple of suggestions. Overall this is a kickass skin!

Can you remove the HD logo where the rating is? Im not sure why it shows "HD" for 720p and nothing for 1080p.
please add an option to remove the H.264 logo.
And if possible can you make tv show clipart smaller? They are usually pretty low resolution so when its to stretched it looks bad.

Most importantly ClearArt for TV shows!

Hi adriank99,

The HD logo for 1080p is working fine at my end. Is every 1080p movie/tv show not displaying it? Is the 1080 resolution media flag appearing ok? Both are being pulled from the 'ListItem.VideoResolution' database info, so as long as it's either scraped and identified as 1920x1080, or is flagged as 1920x1080 in a nfo file, then both should display fine.

Can you do a little test for me... first off, do you use nfo's from something like ember media manager, or just plain scraping? Also, can you download mediainfo and check what vertical resolution the files are?

Regarding h.264 flag, i guess you mean have a blu-ray flag instead, and not remove and having nothing (as you show with the labels you added to the screenshots)? The only way you are going to get a source flag (blu-ray, dvd, etc) is to have a relevant source name as part of the filename. Like 'Dark Knight.bluray.mkv'. It will mean though that you might have lots of file renaming to do! Also, you would have to rescrape everything. Not too much of problem if you use a media manager like Ember, but maybe a pain in the arse if you scrape off the net!! Once you've done that, just enable the skin option to show source media flag, and you'll get both source flag and video codec flag appear.

Know what you mean about the tv show thumbs. I'll look into it. Wink

clearArt i've added to the to-do list. Wink

Cheers

This is what I mean:

I think it looks better if u took the "HD" flag out totally as it already has the 720 or 1080 flag..

I fixed the Bluray flags....I just had to enable video "source" media flag in welo settings.Can you also have an option to disable the "h.264" flag?

(2012-07-18, 00:11)adriank99 Wrote: This is what I mean:

I think it looks better if u took the "HD" flag out totally as it already has the 720 or 1080 flag..

I fixed the Bluray flags....I just had to enable video "source" media flag in welo settings.Can you also have an option to disable the "h.264" flag?

That ones a bug... the HD flag by the ratings shouldn't appear in list views. All my vids are 1080 or 576 so didn't see this one. Just replicated on a test. I'll sort for next release! Cheers for spotting it. Wink

I'll see what i can come up with regarding the video codec flag... i expect a second option (to hide vid flag) that appears when the source flag option is enabled.

Cheers

[EDIT] both sorted. Wink

@all...

Sorry for the long wait for the next release (v1.5.0). There's some changes and new features so slowly working though the list... doesn't help that i keep adding things to the bloody list!

Cheers
no prob, feel free to pass localisation files to me for German language.
The cake is a lie!
(2012-07-18, 21:59)blubberx Wrote: no prob, feel free to pass localisation files to me for German language.

Cool, thanks. There are some new stings, so will need updating. Also, you know the home screen descriptions... there's a new skin option to use simple ones so it will only 'Movies' instead of 'Watch My Movies'. Should help you out with those tricky translations you found.

Cheers Wink
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welo release...4