No TVCARD recognized
Hello.

I have installed the last version of xbmcbuntu, then I use the pulse-eight packages to give xbmc the pvr functionality and enable the tvheadend client.

Under tvheadend backend webui I have no TVCard. It's a usb dvb-T stick that under mythbuntu or openelec is detected at the first boot as ite9135 (i think) and is fully functional under those systems.

Seems that is not installed at all, because I don't see any mention of it under dmesg, i paste dmesg:

http://pastebin.com/5Hg5ZvEj

So, what do I have to install to get it workHuh

Thanks in advance!
Let your PC boot with no USB tuner attached and when it has booted plug in the tuner and post that dmesg so all the info about the tuner is at the end.

Also some tuners need linux-firmware-nonfree installed.
Seems the problem is that openelec and mythbuntu use linux kernel 3.2, and xbmcbuntu 3.0, and ite9135 cards are supported via kernel from 3.2.

I have already installed the linux-firmware-nonfree, with no changes at all.

I will do what you say about plugging in the usb stick after the boot to see if something appears in dmesg.

Thanks for your help!
Ok, i have unplugged the usb stick dvb-t and started the system, then I plugged the system, the only message that appears in dmesg is this:

Code:
[  164.000081] usb 1-4: new high speed USB device number 2 using ehci_hcd

What should I do now?

I have already tried this:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to...ce_Drivers

but I have a lot of errors when I run the script...

Any other ideas?
That explains why I couldn't find any reference to the TV card in the original dmesg. Compiling v4l drivers is a pain as it needs to be done after every kernel update. The easiest way (and easiest to undo) is to install the precise kernel in oneric, Google Ubuntu kernel ppa.
Yes, I finally decided to install ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and install xbmc, and all the stuff over that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No TVCARD recognized0