XBOX 360 with XBMC has media center
Hi there

I'm considering the purchase of a xbox to use it has a media center to watch my normal and full hd movies.

Is the purchase of a XBOX 360 with the XBMC install better than a Popcorn Hour media center?

Will I be abble to read the same files on the XBOX360 has the ones with Popcorn Hour?

thanks
Lonesurfer
please do your research first

www.xbmc4xbox.org
hi there

thanks for the website but the link you gave me only shows and describes the XBMC on the XBOX.

About conclusions I took on the research, help me out.

1 - I saw a thread mentioning that we can install xbmc on popcorn. Is this correct?
2 - If the above is correct, we're just installing a new firmware, right?
3 - If were installing a new firmware, the only thing that I need to check is if the hardware on the XBOX360 is better than one on Popcorn hour, right?

What I want is to buy a new media center to my home and since popcorn hour is a great media center (I think), but a little expensive, I was adviced to buy a xbox and instal xbmc.

That's why I asked if the a xbox360 with xbmc has the same or better performance and specs to view movies of all kinds has a popcorn hour.

thanks againd.
Read this link. Short answer, there is no XBMC for the XBOX 360 and there never will be
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40236
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
Also: There is no XBMC for the "Popcorn Hour".

I would recommend using an Acer Revo.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

this kind of stuff always makes me nautious. They say in the link that the LINUX version of xbmc will not work on PS3/wii/xbox 360. That is a moot point since the damn xbox 360 doesn't have linux. I MAY be mistaken but the damn thing was originally written for oh I don't know XBOX media center, so is it not TOO crazy to wonder why it can not run in compatibility mode like so many other games on the xbox 360Huh??
http://bit.ly/1bzV51P

The only thing that should make you "nautious" is the lack of research you did, no need to bring that attitude here
(2014-02-16, 03:16)phirestalker Wrote: this kind of stuff always makes me nautious. They say in the link that the LINUX version of xbmc will not work on PS3/wii/xbox 360. That is a moot point since the damn xbox 360 doesn't have linux. I MAY be mistaken but the damn thing was originally written for oh I don't know XBOX media center, so is it not TOO crazy to wonder why it can not run in compatibility mode like so many other games on the xbox 360Huh??

Oh, XBMC4XBOX will run on an XBOX360. It's just really impractical, and the main XBMC group stopped supporting that version years ago.
Wink 
As a long time user of XBMC I can only tell you that unless you are sure about what you are doing, you will never successfully install XBMC on your 360 however I am one of a few who are working with the consoles Emulated to make this possible. The 360 does by the way run on Linux it is just a very complicated linux. When working around the consoles hard disk I noticed in partition 2-3 that there is a folder for Udata and Tdata as well as a folder for cache. As soon as I can finish injecting all of the files to the Udata and making a shortcut on the home screen the sooner I will make the 360 one step closer to XBMC comparable.Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX 360 with XBMC has media center0