Linux Xbmcbuntu audio weirdness/display shutting off
So, this post really addresses 2 problems I'm having with XBMCbuntu.

Background:

My system is an Asus Eeepc EB1501P (Atom dual core with Nvidia ION 2 chipset). This unit is connected to my TV and I have no keyboard or mouse connected to it. I do all administration through SSH and the front end is controlled with a remote. Everything worked out of the box on my install, and I have my audio going through HDMI.

First problem:

Anytime I reboot my media center, the audio will not work until I restart the display manager. I have to ssh in and restart lightdm before I can get sound. I'm sure this has to do with the order something is getting started in, but I can't figure out what is getting started at the wrong time.

Second problem:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep the display from going to sleep. I've tried everything I can think of to disable power management, and nothing seems to work. The display shuts off, and my remote will not wake it up. The box is up and running though, I can shell in and restart lightdm and then everything is back to normal. So, does anybody know how to disable power management? Alternatively, how can I get the display to wake up when I push a button on the remote?

Thanks in advance!
So, I've narrowed down part of the audio problem. It is pulseaudio that is causing the headache. Removed pulseaudio and let alsa handle it natively. That part is working normally. Now I have to figure out how to keep my display from turning off.
i have similar issues

have sorted out the display switching off by installing xscreensaver and disabling screen saver using that application

i have sound in xbmc but not in the desktop
Could you guys please provide me some copy pasta, All my wife or I know to do in this situation is sudo reboot....
The following disables screensaver/screenblank for the session:
Code:
$ xset s off

To disable it on reboot put the following in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
Code:
Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "BlankTime" "0"
    Option "StandbyTime" "0"
    Option "SuspendTime" "0"
    Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection

Note that the last three options disable other power management items.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu audio weirdness/display shutting off0