Libretro parallel plugin
Hi there, 

I am wrecking my brain around this. The Mupen libretro addon is not working (known issues with OpenGL), but using retroarch I was able to run majora's mask just fine. So now I was looking for an addon using the Parallel-N64 core. It seems it is not available for X86_64 Generic. I have been trying to compile it for 2 days now, but I am at the end of my knowledge now.
Is anyone able to compile it? perhaps share a link?

My system is a LibreElec Millhouse build of kodi Leia.
(2018-01-16, 00:10)tonyschuite Wrote: Hi there, 

I am wrecking my brain around this. The Mupen libretro addon is not working (known issues with OpenGL), but using retroarch I was able to run majora's mask just fine. So now I was looking for an addon using the Parallel-N64 core. It seems it is not available for X86_64 Generic. I have been trying to compile it for 2 days now, but I am at the end of my knowledge now.
Is anyone able to compile it? perhaps share a link?

My system is a LibreElec Millhouse build of kodi Leia.

For issues with general cores, especially issues before RetroPlayer enters the picture, you should ask the libretro guys. Or at least paste the build log here.

This is a big project and I have no formal CS background. Every other week I reach the end of my knowledge Smile The trick is to keep trying until you (usually accidentally) acquire the knowledge it takes to solve the problem.

I'm helping another novice who's determined to get GL support in RetroPlayer. We've made good progress, and it won't be long before Mupen64 is working.
Really? No formal CS background? And yet you architected an entire subsystem of one of the largest open source projects, involving user input and video, in one of the more difficult programming languages, using good OOP design, as part of a large team. It's like you made a list of the most difficult things to do in software development, looked at the top 5, and said "I'm gonna do all of those." That's honestly astounding and a huge accomplishment. I'm a professional developer and I'd love to contribute to Kodi, but I've always had trouble understanding C++, and Kodi is so ridiculously large it can be overwhelming just looking at it.

Sorry for the threadjack, I just had to express my astonishment.
just as a fyi: none of the peeps who originally built this application had any formal cs education, only dedication and stubbornness Smile
It's debatable whether there was more dedication or more stubbornness. Smile
Probably dedicated beer knowledge was involved
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
A little late but as for the original question:
Parallel-N64 afaik needs a Vulcan backend, which we miss entirely.
The chance this is gonna work in the near future is way smaller than getting mupen64 to work Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libretro parallel plugin0