ePSXe and Rom Collection Browser
Hey i am having trouble with rom collection browser and ePSXe. I set it up in rom collected as per this article http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=EPSXe for windows 7. But when i launch a game it brings up ePSXe and cmd prompt but never plays the game. I found some one in the main Rom collecter browser having thet same problem but did not see a resolution. Any help would be amazing !.
I can get it running through advanced launcher but not though rom collecter browers anyone know whats going on Sad .

This is what i have for emulater CMD -nogui -loadiso "%rom%" and it does nothing surley someone one has an idea of what i am doing wrong.
I'm having the exact same problem.
As far is I can tell it's related to the working directory of epsxe, it can find the ROM and the program, but not the bios (which resides in the epsxe folder). Somehow the working directory needs to be set to the epsxe folder but i don't know how Sad
I was having the same exact problem, and no where could I find the solution until I saw someone was able to create a .bat file to run it. from there I kind of played around with it and figured it out.

In the Launch Games section under emulator params Type in:
-nogui -loadbin "%ROM%"

This fixed the problem for me.
(2012-09-11, 00:12)stryerson Wrote: I was having the same exact problem, and no where could I find the solution until I saw someone was able to create a .bat file to run it. from there I kind of played around with it and figured it out.

-nogui -loadbin "%ROM%"

Sorry to dig up a super old thread, but has anyone tried this?
(2013-11-22, 01:17)jconway2002 Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 00:12)stryerson Wrote: I was having the same exact problem, and no where could I find the solution until I saw someone was able to create a .bat file to run it. from there I kind of played around with it and figured it out.

-nogui -loadbin "%ROM%"

Sorry to dig up a super old thread, but has anyone tried this?

WORKED! Psyched!!!
@malte Hi,

I was able to launch the emulator in full screen mode using the suggested parameters, but the game itself is not starting.

I am using the following config:
Quote:    <RomCollection id="3" name="PlayStation">
      <useBuiltinEmulator>False</useBuiltinEmulator>
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorCmd>C:\Program Files\ePSXe202-1\ePSXe.exe</emulatorCmd>
    <emulatorParams>-nogui -loadbin "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
    <romPath>smb://XXX/media/GAMES/PS//*.bin</romPath>

Missing anything?

Additionally, the game I am trying to load consists of 4 parts. so I named them:
Quote:The X-Files.disk1.bin
The X-Files.disk2.bin
The X-Files.disk3.bin
The X-Files.disk4.bin

Unfortunately in the RCB they all are shown instead of just the first of the game. Anyway to get RCB to show only 1 of the multi game disks?

Thanks

UPDATE: Solved the first mentioned problem. Just do following:Hi, Solved it. Basically this is the string to use: 
Quote:<emulatorParams>-nogui -loadbin "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
 If this does not load it, their are 2 more things to try. Change -loadbin to -loadiso and/or In Rom Collection Browser enable "Make local copy" under "Launch Games" in the particular Rom config. Hi, Solved it. Basically this is the string to use: 
 If this does not load it, their are 2 more things to try. Change -loadbin to -loadiso and/or In Rom Collection Browser enable "Make local copy" under "Launch Games" in the particular Rom config. 
Basically this is the string to use:

If this does not load it, their are 2 more things to try. Change -loadbin to -loadiso

and/or

In Rom Collection Browser enable "Make local copy" under "Launch Games" in the particular Rom config.

Only thing left is to know how to only display the 1st disk of multi disk games.
Continuing on above post.

I just noticed that having multiple disks for a game also creates problems with the scrapers. I finally found to solution using "disk indicator":

https://code.google.com/archive/p/romcol...Games.wiki

Only like to know how regular expression works for my setup. Dont understand the "\(Disk .*\)" comment
I think you have to use something like this: "\.disk." (without "")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ePSXe and Rom Collection Browser 0