• 21(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
I don't get any sound with Frodo Alpha5, however Frodo Alpha1 works perfectly and I've been using this since it was released. Both Alpha1 & Alpha5 are run in portable mode so it's easy to go back to the stable Alpha1 version.

In Alpha5 I've just discovered that I do get sound from the passthrough audio device [optically connected] which is an amp in another room however the main audio output device (Yamaha RXV-471) has no sound.

The audio output device settings are: WASAPI:HDMI-Realtek HDMI output and the Passthrough output device WASAPI: SPDIF – Realtek Digital Output. The odd thing is that the speaker display on the Yamaha sometimes lights up but there's no sound and other times there’s no speaker display.

A copy of my debug log is - http://pastebin.com/93V98z0q . Also when playing an xvid 2.0 mp3 movie the picture stutters badly and is in slow motion (and there’s no sound), however mkv DTS 5.1 movies don’t stutter.

Thanks for any help with this.

Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
Hello
I also have a problem with the audio in XMBC Smile. I have a receiver Pioneer VSX-819H which has support for formats DTS-HD ® and Dolby ® TrueHD audio. The computer is connected to the receiver via optical cable. XBMC there is no option available DTS-HD and TrueHD. Please help Smile

Below XMBC log and screenshot.

my Xmbc log

(2012-09-08, 16:40)piechcio Wrote: Hello
I also have a problem with the audio in XMBC Smile. I have a receiver Pioneer VSX-819H which has support for formats DTS-HD ® and Dolby ® TrueHD audio. The computer is connected to the receiver via optical cable. XBMC there is no option available DTS-HD and TrueHD. Please help Smile

Only HDMI support TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and Multi-channel PCM. Optical is limited to DTS, DD, and stereo PCM.

Ok, I changed the audio output to HDMI. After this change, all the movies began to slow to play and skip frames. Why?
Any idea on my problem?
(#297)
(2012-09-08, 17:41)Tlore Wrote: Any idea on my problem?
(#297)

All the info you've provided looks good - did I miss the Debug Log? Guessing the infamous EDID issue being Onkyo, but only guessing...
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-09-07, 20:11)Voyager-xbmc Wrote: EDIT 2: problem resolved!!!!! fixed AE eemap code. see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1390
The back center channel had nothing to do with it. It was a bug in the "unrolled loop" code.

Awesome find - merged your fix a few minutes ago - thx!!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I am comparing Jriver Media Player with XBMC and I have an audio question. I'm running Alpha3 with AudioEngine and I get different results with the two players.

The mp4 video file I'm playing has audio content as below:

Codec AAC
Channels: Stereo
Bitrate: 160000bps / 128 kbps
Variable Bitrate: No
Frequency: 44100Hz

I output via WASAPI Spdif to a receiver / decoder.

Both players are set to output to a 5.1 loudspeaker configuration.

With JRiver I get audio only on front left and right, with XBMC I get audio on centre, and front left and right. The audio seems weighted slightly to the centre channel, and the sound is not as good as with Jriver.

Any suggestions?
disable "output stereo to all speaker" in xbmc.
That is disabled.

(2012-09-11, 09:02)Nimo Wrote: disable "output stereo to all speaker" in xbmc.

oh. when i disable it i just get real stereo, no upmix. but im using hdmi output.
Hi All,

Myself and Nimo had identified that the new AudioEngine is not properly identifying Dolby Digital Plus audio streams and causes the video to run very slowly.

Original thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139840

I was just wondering if a dev had noticed this and if a fix was in the works?

Thanks
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
(2012-07-19, 20:42)Fracino Wrote: Hi,
I can't use WASAPI with a 24-bit-only DAC: whatever media I try to play, either 16-bit source or 24-bit source, I get no audio and XBMC slows down (sometimes to the point of freezing), while CPU use becomes very high. I can play the same files in WASAPI if I use a DAC that inputs16-bit or 32-bit container size, or with DirectSound and a 24-bit-only DAC. I can also use my 24-bit DAC in WASAPI exclusive mode with other players than XBMC.

My understanding is that unlike other players, (e.g. MPC-HC with ffdshow and/or reclock) XBMC/AE never sends samples with a 24-bit container size (whatever the number of "valid bits" within the container.) It keeps trying to send 16-bit or 32-bit samples, with whatever sampling rates and number of "valid bits", until giving up (without displaying any error message though).

Sending 32-bit samples with 24 "valid bits" inside doesn't seem to work with a 24-bit-only DAC. It actually needs 24-bit samples, i.e. a 24-bit container size.

Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/96
XBMC version is XBMC (12.0-ALPHA4 Git:20120717-b4c6016)
Windows 7 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601
Intel® Core™

(2012-07-21, 02:43)Fracino Wrote: I previously posted that AE cannot input my 24-bit--only DAC in WASAPI mode. Here is a different but related problem: when playing a 24-bit source in WASAPI mode with a 16/24 bit DAC (ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC nano), AE does play the audio, but downscales it to 16 bits :-(

The cause seems to the same as with the failure to feed my 24-bit-only DAC: AE detects that hte DAC supports "AE_FMT_S24NE3" (not AE_FMT_S24NE4), but then tries to feed the DAC with "AE_FMT_S24NE4" instead, so it doesn't work. It then uses AE_FMT_S16NE, i.e. downscales my 24-bit source to 16 bits.

These problems were solved by the September-12 nightly build. Thanks a lot DDDamian!!
(2012-09-08, 11:29)stewart_pk Wrote: Using a Musical Fidelity V-Link (USB to SPDIF converter) and getting very loud static sound during playback when WASAPI is selected. Even XBMC menu sounds cause the loud static sound. When DirectSound is selected then everything is fine.

Thanks.

I believe this problem was also solved by the September-12 nightly build.
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface
@Fracino - np and thx for working with me on it - that issue would have been a big one once Frodo final goes mainstream. Glad it's all good now.
Thanks Fracino and DDDamian, this is fantastic, just tried it and it's working.
One relatively small thing is that my 96k content is being down-sampled to 48k.
Below is the relative log, I hope.
Once again thanks for your work!

EDIT:
---- log removed --

read this thread: Debug Log
Do not paste log snippets on the forum
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4