• 4(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
After installing this build I'm unable to hear the movie sound (menu sound plays fine) and video stops playing after 5 seconds or so. Playback is paused and I can't restart playback.

I have 2 options for audio output device, Direct Sound and WASAPI. When set to Direct my receiver displays 7.1 ch active, and only 2 ch in WASAPI.

Any help would be appreciated.
Unless you're using XP I would recommend WASAPI. Go to the device's audio properties in Win, go to the advanced tab and select both checkboxes "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority". Then be sure you select the right device and speaker layout in XBMC.

If you still have trouble post a Debug Log - using the plugin >>here<< makes it easy.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
is there any chance for just listening audio without "tv on"? when i just want listen music i switch tv off (nothing is playing atm) and use android remote to start but nothing happens. switching tv on i see xbmc get an error. with danielas build i can hear music without problems but i like the 2ch upmix. Log
Hi Nimo - think I see the issue - I'll do a bit of work on it and post here when a fix or test patch is ready.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
ReplayGain is now fully functional again and in master/nightlies. You'll see the new GUI settings in Settings>Music>Playback.

Changes are applied to the next track, so are not immediate. Be careful not use Pre-Amp settings too far from the default of 89dB unless you are really sure - those values are in decibels, so each 6dB doubles the volume, and excessive volume will cause clipping. You can enable avoid clipping to prevent this if your files are correctly scanned/tagged for peak values.

Enjoy!
@Nimo - can you try tomorrows nightly (05/27/12 GMT) - pushed a fix to reinit device or fall back to another device if current one is invalidated.
i will test it. and will it also fix the wake issue? i mean when i wake the pc and start playing music i hear nothing. when i press stop i get an error, when i go to system/audio and change device then i get no error. looks at my avr like reinitialize issue in wasapi because avr switch from 2ch to 5.1ch. anyway, I'll test it tomorrow and give feedback.

cheers
big thx damian, it works very well. music without tv on is great Wink it makes no problem during playback powering tv off or on.
and my second problem after wake up was also fixed. more and more it feels stable.
cheers

+1
Great news Nimo - enjoy Smile
Nice to see the new AE is implemented. One issue though I'm finding I still have with multi channel FLAC is any thing above 5.1 channels has no audio output and is actually now crashing XBMC.

System Specs:

MB: MSI A55M-P35
CPU: AMD A6-3670K
GPU: Radeon™ HD 6530D (typically used)
GPU: GeForce 9800GT (temporary)
Audio: Realtek on board via Optical SPDIF

Typically I use the on board GPU as it does a better job then my 9800GT for video, A PSU failure in my main rig is forcing me to use my HTPC as a temporary system and the 9800GT does better at 3D rendering then the on board.

Paste of the log when trying to play a video with 7.1 FLAC, I get the same issue with another video that has 6.1 FLAC, videos with 5.1 FLAC plays perfectly fine.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3129 - Direct Sound test
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3130 - WASAPI test

Sorry if there is too much info here I wasn't sure what would be needed to help trouble shoot the issue.
(2012-05-31, 06:40)KrzyInuYasha Wrote: Nice to see the new AE is implemented. One issue though I'm finding I still have with multi channel FLAC is any thing above 5.1 channels has no audio output and is actually now crashing XBMC.

System Specs:

MB: MSI A55M-P35
CPU: AMD A6-3670K
GPU: Radeon™ HD 6530D (typically used)
GPU: GeForce 9800GT (temporary)
Audio: Realtek on board via Optical SPDIF

Typically I use the on board GPU as it does a better job then my 9800GT for video, A PSU failure in my main rig is forcing me to use my HTPC as a temporary system and the 9800GT does better at 3D rendering then the on board.

Paste of the log when trying to play a video with 7.1 FLAC, I get the same issue with another video that has 6.1 FLAC, videos with 5.1 FLAC plays perfectly fine.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3129

Sorry if there is too much info here I wasn't sure what would be needed to help trouble shoot the issue.

This is an odd one indeed. The track it picks up is actually the DTS one, not the FLAC one. It looks like the ffmpeg decoder is somewhat confused and having troubles reading the track - there are 7.1 flac, DTS and Vorbis tracks all in that one file. You can see the errors starting at around line 809.

Not sure what I can do to help you there - it's really more of an ffmpeg issue. I also note that your device only reports two channels. I would suggest using Wasapi, not DirectSound, and making sure you are set in Windows for the right number of channels.

If you can make a short bit of that video and upload it somewhere I can take a look at it and see if I can figure out why ffmpeg doesn't like it.
OK well if your going by the 1st log I posted the reason for the DTS was XBMC picked the DTS track by default for that movie and when I tried to select the FLAC it would skip frames alot then crash. The 2nd log I posted was with another movie that has 6.1 FLAC that gives me the same issue difference is XBMC picked the FLAC track by default and XBMC was set to use WASAPI, again skips frames like mad then crashes.

I'll see what I can do about getting a small clip from each movie, might take me a few days until I get my main rig with all my utilities back up and running.
Hi DDDamian,

Are feature requests being taken for AE yet?
@jjd-uk - ideas are always welcome Smile

Feature requests in general should be done via the forums, bugs via trac and pull-requests via git. If you have a good idea by all means post!
I've only had a quick play with a nightly including AE, so am I correct in thinking that the Output Stereo To All Speakers applies to both Music & Video audio tracks, if so would it be possible to have it selectable for Music & Videos, something like:

Output Stereo To All Speakers: \/ /\ Off/Music Only/Video Only/Music & Video

Reasoning is that with music I like to be enveloped by the sound coming from all around like you would get at a nightclub, so having stereo upmixed for output by all channels would be great, however I would find that behaviour disconcerting with dialogue in a movie audio track, so for video audio tracks I wouldn't want a stereo track to be upmixed to all channels & would instead prefer the audio remained stereo (or apply pro-logic in amp).
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4