TV Show Matching
Hi guys, I just found out about XMBC and added all of my Movies flawlessly! It is a fantastic program. However, when I tried adding my television shows I am running into a problem.

I tried following the guide on the wiki but it doesnt seem to be working and I dont know what im doing wrong with the advancedsettings.xml.
I created an advancedsettings.xml file using notepad and added the following lines in the doc:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+)[\\/]S([0-9]+)E([0-9]+)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Is this correct for my file numbering of: 24/Season 1 (2001-2002)/S01E01 - 12 a.m. – 1 a.m.

Any help would be great, Thanks!
Think about what your regexp is matching:

Season
then a space
then one or more numbers
then either a forward or backward slash
then an S
then one or more numbers...
etc.

Note that this does NOT match your file/folder structure at all.

If your filenames have S01E01 in them then XBMC will match them without you having to fiddle.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

They all do have a the nomenclature of S01E01. Some have the years on the season so I removed them and then tried to re-add them to the library. I made sure I closed out of XBMC first and then restarted it. I also tried to add a simpler one which is Scrubs. The entire string goes

Computer/3 TB 2/VIDEO/TV Shows 2/L-S/Scrubs/Season 1/S01E01 - My First Day

I have it organized this way because I currently use PS3 media server 1.52.1 to stream to my PS3 in the living room.

When I go to add Scrubs, I click File under Videos, Add Videos, Browse the location, select the TV shows scraper using the TVDB, select run automated scan and click okay, however, it keeps adding it as "Formula One".

Is this the correct process? Or am I doing something incorrectly?
If you're setting content on "Scrubs" then you'll need to set "This folder contains a single TV show". That's your problem.

The alternate is to Set Content on the L-S folder instead.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Working!! Thanks for the help jmarshall!!!
Ahhh I jumped the gun.

It recognized the proper tv title like 24 and 30 rock but it labeled all of the tv shows in each season the first episode. So episode 10 was actually titled off of the first episode. Any ideas?
Check you don't actually have anything in your advancedsettings.xml for a start that could be screwing things up.

Other than that, now that you have shows being found the Debug Log will contain info about episode matching.

Removed the advancedsettings.xml and that fixed the problem. XBMC is very intuitive. I am very impressed and I will probably build a little HTPC now to instead of using PMC.

Thanks again for all the help jmarshall.
Hi guys,

Very new to XBMC and this forum and so far think XBMC is great but I'm struggling with this tvshowmatching thing, I'm really struggling to get it.
What will I need to have if my shows are formatted as such:

/tvshows/House/season 1/Episode 1 - Pilot

If anyone can help me out here that would be amazing! Thanks.
(2012-08-10, 07:28)csconstant Wrote: Hi guys,

Very new to XBMC and this forum and so far think XBMC is great but I'm struggling with this tvshowmatching thing, I'm really struggling to get it.

You need to add the season number to the individual episode file names. Follow this guide: Adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-10, 08:15)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 07:28)csconstant Wrote: Hi guys,

You need to add the season number to the individual episode file names. Follow this guide: Adding videos to the library (wiki)

Ahh thats a shame. Is there no way around it, as I have quite a few different series all formatted in the way I mentioned.

Thanks for your help though.
(2012-08-10, 13:01)csconstant Wrote: Ahh thats a shame. Is there no way around it, as I have quite a few different series all formatted in the way I mentioned.

Pretty much. XBMC doesn't really "see" subfolders, so it always uses the file name for both episode and season numbers.
(2012-08-10, 13:04)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 13:01)csconstant Wrote: Ahh thats a shame. Is there no way around it, as I have quite a few different series all formatted in the way I mentioned.

Pretty much. XBMC doesn't really "see" subfolders, so it always uses the file name for both episode and season numbers.

After browsing through the wiki you just linked me to I found this, at the bottom, under ''Custom directory structure and file names'' is shows this code:

Quote:<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Is that not similar to what I'm looking for?

p.s really struggling to understand the codes lol.[/quote]
That would change the pattern matching for season numbers and episode numbers, but XBMC would still look for season numbers. There is an option to use names without season numbers, but that will only work with single season TV shows.
so for that code, how would the directory have to look?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Matching0