HD6570 for XBMC on Ubuntu/Linux?
Until recently I was running XBMC on windows on a GT430 and a core I3-3.1ghz. But I became exhausted by other windows stuff taking over the desktop for reasons I could not fully seem to stop.

So when it was time to upgrade to Eden, I also switched to XBMC running on Ubuntu. Got everything working, which took a while as I am a linux noob. But sometimes it seems to be straining, with what looks like frame drops or juddering. Perhaps I don't have all the graphic options set right, because linux is not my comfort zone.

However, I also have a HD6570 on my desk. Thinking about trying it out, but the recommendations on this page seem to say windows-only with this card, I suppose because the drivers for linux are non-existent or immature. Can't tell if that is old news or still the case.

So, any recommendations? Can this be made to work or is it more trouble than its worth to switch? Also, anyone have a good link to tuning NVIDIA drivers and acceleration on Ubuntu/linux?
NVIDIA plays much nicer on Linux then ATI. guide for ubuntu and NVIDIA here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114368
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD6570 for XBMC on Ubuntu/Linux?0