• 1(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
Music Pump Kodi Remote for Android 4.0+

Music Pump XBMC Remote on Google Play

Official website http://kodiremote.berard.ch

Music Pump is a beautiful and feature rich Kodi Remote which has been optimized for phones and tablets. You can fully control your Kodi Media Center and stream media from / to Kodi.

Supports XBMC Eden, Frodo, Gotham and Helix

Main features:
- Browse your Kodi library from your phone
- Browse playlists / file sources
- Browse addons on your android device (due to limitations in Kodi this does not work for all addons)
- Stream Music from Kodi to your device or to bluetooth speakers
- Stream Movies and TV Shows from Kodi to your device (requires unlocker)
- Internal audio player to play files locally and stream them to Kodi (requires unlocker)
- Themes: light, dark (requires unlocker)
- Synchronize Music from Kodi to your android device (requires unlocker)
- PVR support (requires unlocker)
- Send Youtube videos from android to Kodi
- Send local videos and pictures to Kodi (using android share feature)

Other features:
- Select subtitles and audio tracks
- Download subtitles
- Caching of music database for faster access
- Resume video files
- Show / Hide watched videos
- Mark movies / TV shows as watched / unwatched
- Lock screen support
- Headset remote support (play / pause / next / previous)
- Music rating support
- Virtual keyboard
- Support for Raspberry Pi
- Customizable remote buttons
- Many other features

Some advanced features are only available after purchasing the unlocker.

Setup Instructions:
In Kodi go to System -> Settings -> Services and enable the following settings:
- Webserver -> Allow control of Kodi via HTTP
- Remote control ->Allow programs of this system to control Kodi
- Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi

FAQ:
- Yellow server icon: Usually the option “Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi” has not been enabled in xbmc. For more info see http://goo.gl/0EiYzN

- How to force Refresh Music Library: Long-press on the server name and select refresh music

- Music or Video library is empty: In order to see your music and video files you need to enable the library function within Kodi and scan your music and video files to the library.

- By default the application uses a “local” queue for music playback: This has the big advantage of having a very flexible queuing system. However this has some limitations you may not like: You cannot control music playback from more than one remote at a time (which may be good since other family members can't clear your play queue by mistake), skipping songs using a hardware remote control won't work since only one song is in the Kodi queue. The unlocked version has a feature to use the Kodi queue to bypass these limitations.

- Playlists are not visible: In Kodi playlists must be in a special folder. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Playlists
Definitely looks very cool, I have been looking for something like this for a while! I just tried it, however, upon conneting to the xbmc server I get the following error: "The application Music Remote (process ch.berard.xbmcremotebeta) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". After configuring a username and password for the http access in xbmc Music Pump asks for this upon connecting, and then fails with the beforementioned error when the username and password have been supplied. This leads me to believe that I have configured the app properly (correct ip, port etc.). Also I have made sure to allow the things mentioned in "Setup intructions".

Can you tell me how I can supply you with a log?

I'm btw running Android 2.3.5.
Probably your system is not configured correctly or you are using an older xbmc version. A couple of points you should check

- The app only works with XBMC Eden v11, json-rpc api v4. If you are using an older version you should upgrade
- To test if the json-rpc interface is configured correctly, open the url http://xbmcip:port/jsonrpc in a webbrowser. You should see the message "JSONRPC active and working". Otherwise another application may already use this port (sabnzbd uses port 8080 by default). => set a different port for the webinterface in xbmc and try again. It is possible that you connected to sabnzbd which requires authentication as well and thus you see the login prompt even if you connect to an invalid url.
- Port 9090 should not be in use by another application than xbmc because this is required to get notifications about playback start/stop/pause...

If this does not fix the connection problem you can extract the log from your device using a free tool from android market "Log Collector", "aLogcat", ... and send the log to androidmusicpump at gmail.com
It just crashes on me any time I try to connect running android 4.0.4 on a tablet
(2012-05-12, 09:16)Millencolin007 Wrote: Probably your system is not configured correctly or you are using an older xbmc version. A couple of points you should check

- The app only works with XBMC Eden v11, json-rpc api v4. If you are using an older version you should upgrade
- To test if the json-rpc interface is configured correctly, open the url http://xbmcip:port/jsonrpc in a webbrowser. You should see the message "JSONRPC active and working". Otherwise another application may already use this port (sabnzbd uses port 8080 by default). => set a different port for the webinterface in xbmc and try again. It is possible that you connected to sabnzbd which requires authentication as well and thus you see the login prompt even if you connect to an invalid url.
- Port 9090 should not be in use by another application than xbmc because this is required to get notifications about playback start/stop/pause...

If this does not fix the connection problem you can extract the log from your device using a free tool from android market "Log Collector", "aLogcat", ... and send the log to androidmusicpump at gmail.com

I just tried installing XBMC Eden on a different computer and I'm getting the same error when trying to connect.
An update is available from the android market. Thanks Fni0x for helping me locate the problem.
Amazing app, love it!

Working great on a 4.0.4 (CM9 based ROM) tablet.
Both Local and XBMC.

Congratulation!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hello,
thought I'd register, given I'm new to XBMC, but keen to dive in and get involved (best I'm able to!)

The app is fantastic, and works great on Sony Tablet S (3.2.1)
I did get some FC's when I was setting up the server. I think it was because I was putting in my \\ServerName rather than IP - stopped once I changed it.

Visually stunning, and exactly what I was after to manage my music (being able to easily browse my music, add to the queue, then edit the queue on the fly - from the comfort of my sun-lounger with a beer in hand :oD
Plus, I think it's the only XBMC app out there which has been designed with tablets in mind.

Can't fault it - thank you for making this available to us.

Wondered what your medium-long term plans were for the app (if you had any). Any thoughts on adding movie/tv support? (currently using official app for this).
Few other ideas (sorry, hope they're not un-welcome): Saving playlist, initiate re-scan, filter by rating, edit rating

Top marks from me (and given in Play as well)
(2012-05-13, 11:30)aldredd Wrote: Hello,
thought I'd register, given I'm new to XBMC, but keen to dive in and get involved (best I'm able to!)

The app is fantastic, and works great on Sony Tablet S (3.2.1)
I did get some FC's when I was setting up the server. I think it was because I was putting in my \\ServerName rather than IP - stopped once I changed it.

Visually stunning, and exactly what I was after to manage my music (being able to easily browse my music, add to the queue, then edit the queue on the fly - from the comfort of my sun-lounger with a beer in hand :oD
Plus, I think it's the only XBMC app out there which has been designed with tablets in mind.

Can't fault it - thank you for making this available to us.

Wondered what your medium-long term plans were for the app (if you had any). Any thoughts on adding movie/tv support? (currently using official app for this).
Few other ideas (sorry, hope they're not un-welcome): Saving playlist, initiate re-scan, filter by rating, edit rating

Top marks from me (and given in Play as well)

Glad you like the app. You are right the app crashes when an invalid host is entered, I will fix that.

My future plans are not going into the direction of movie/tv support. I want to keep it music only. But I think the freezy from the xbmc team is already working on a new version for the official xbmc remote which will be optimized for tablets.

Things I may implement in the future are
- Streaming music files from an android device to xbmc
- Streaming music to another xbmc instance or to an airplay device (local lan or maybe even over internet). Would be nice to go to a friends place, connect back home, select some songs and play them on your friends xbmc or airplay device.

To your feature requests:
- Saving playlists from xbmc to the android device already works (long press the playlist and select "make offline available")
- Editing/Creating playlists on xbmc is as far as I know not possible using json-rpc.

- To initiate a re-scan you have to long-press on "Reconnect" on the home screen. Would probably be nice to have this feature more accessible. Also initiating a music library rescan on xbmc could be added

- I did not yet find a way to edit rating using json-rpc interface

This is a very nice utility to manage music. It's too bad you couldn't have used your skills to make the Official app's music section better. That app leaves a lot to be desired when using it for music.

Bugs/Notes:

- Smart Playlists that select a random number of songs always select the same songs even after clearing queue. Only a library refresh allows new 'random/tracks to appear.
- When disconnecting from server, the music stops playing. The music should keep playing regardless.
- No artist icons when available (the official XBMC uses artist icons if available)
- Sorting of Artists and Albums that start with 'The'. XBMC gives the option to 'ignore articles when sorting'.

Obviously, the main feature I'd like would be creating XBMC playlists to store on the server. That aside this is one very nice app. Keep up the great work.
(2012-05-22, 22:03)paco Wrote: This is a very nice utility to manage music. It's too bad you couldn't have used your skills to make the Official app's music section better. That app leaves a lot to be desired when using it for music.

Bugs/Notes:

- Smart Playlists that select a random number of songs always select the same songs even after clearing queue. Only a library refresh allows new 'random/tracks to appear.
- When disconnecting from server, the music stops playing. The music should keep playing regardless.
- No artist icons when available (the official XBMC uses artist icons if available)
- Sorting of Artists and Albums that start with 'The'. XBMC gives the option to 'ignore articles when sorting'.

Obviously, the main feature I'd like would be creating XBMC playlists to store on the server. That aside this is one very nice app. Keep up the great work.

Extending the official app was not an option.I already had most of the code from my music pump daap player so I just had to switch the library import and the playback service to get the core of the app working. Moreover the official app looks really bad on a tablet, since they didn't have the android api which are available today to make an app look good on a phone and tablet on the same time.

To your Bugs/Notes
- Hmm, I didn't think of smart playlists that change every time you open them. At the moment playlists are loaded and cached locally when they are accessed for the first time. Thus you need to refresh the library to see different songs. I should probably reload those playlists every time the user access them.

- That the music stops when disconnecting is by design because the phone will only set the currently playing song in the "now playing" playlist and add a new one when playback is finished. Hit the home button instead to continue listening to the music. I do this for several reasons:

- It is much easier to switch output between xbmc/android device that way.
- If you have played around with more than one device you will see that every device can have its own (different) playlist. The last device that hits play takes over the music control. Other devices will stop playing songs on xbmc automatically.
- You can listen to a playlist on your way back from work and once you get home you just switch the output to xbmc to continue listening to your music on your stereo.

To continue playback when disconnecting I have to set the playlist on xbmc which for the reasons above seems not the best choice in my opinion. Also if I stream the music to my phone and my wife starts watching a movie my playlist would get kicked, something I don't want.

- Is the filtering of articles really that importent? To find your artists/albums use the search button which is much better/faster than scrolling through a list of hundreds of album/artists. That way you don't have to care about finding an artist under "T" or somewhere else

- Artist icons are not available since this was not available in Music Pump DAAP Player. May be added in the future.

- This is a feature that I would like as well but unfortunately creating/editing playlists is not yet supported through json-rpc.
Thumbs Up 
Hi Millencolin007

Thanks for this app. I'm trying to get used to the interface. have you considered pushing saved playlists into xbmc? I mean once a playlist is saved in the phone, it appear in xbmc playlists too. That would be great! an easy playlist editor.

(2012-05-25, 15:36)martzad Wrote: Hi Millencolin007

Thanks for this app. I'm trying to get used to the interface. have you considered pushing saved playlists into xbmc? I mean once a playlist is saved in the phone, it appear in xbmc playlists too. That would be great! an easy playlist editor.

The xbmc json-rpc interface does not support creating new playlists on xbmc therefore there is no simple way to push a playlist to xbmc. What I could try to implement is to take all songs from a playlist on the phone and put them into the "now playing" playlist on xbmc. On xbmc you could then save the playlist manually
Hi

This looks very good indeed. Is it possible to provide the apk on a different market or for direct download (as long as it's free). Because I believe there are some users that have unlicensed devices like my 7" tablet which can't access Play.

I have the same problem with the official remote as they released the newest version on Play only.

Ben
greetings,

Could it have flac support? it skips flac files on mobile playback.

or is it device-related? I have a CM7 Nexus one
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7