OS X Strange sound when movie is paused
Hey, what's the USB trick to revert from 10.7.4 to 10.7.3Huh?

Thanks
Strangely enough, only one of my Mac mini's is doing this. They all have the latest OS X updates within Lion. Going to do some testing on the one that's having the issue and see if I can narrow it down. Also going to swap locations and see if the receiver has anything to do with it.

Randy
(2012-06-18, 04:24)Babal Wrote: Hey, what's the USB trick to revert from 10.7.4 to 10.7.3Huh?

Thanks

You can have a look here:

http://lifehacker.com/5823096/how-to-bur...lash-drive

You can Google for a Lion .dmg file from a previous Lion version and just download the combo update 10.7.3 from Apple... then restore from you backup... nothing to reinstall
10.7.5 is around the corner as is 10.8
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

11.0 is too.
Windows 8 is too *grr* Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
bah, I want 'Window 1e6'
"Fixed it"

I programmed my Logitech Harmony to basically Mute when I Pause. It is a work-around, but at least I do not have these annoying soundsSmile

/Bo
Don't have a Logitech Harmony...
And too scared to restore to 10.7.3!

Is there any other walk around? A build in option to mute the movie when posed maybe?

Thanks!
I was playing around with the sound setup. When you use HDMI and have the HDMI connection as the only cable between your Mac Mini and an Amp, playing MP3 is a problem. Real sound only really comes out in one front channel - this is a bug which the developers are already working on in the post Eden beta releases.

However, when using an HDMI cable and setting XBMC up to use "build-in sound output", as supposed to "HDMI", and Mac Mini is setup to use HDMI in the sound preferences, and you use the latest nightly builds, you get full sound on all channels, AND the stuttering when paused is fixed!!!

/Bo
interesting. thank you very much.
personally I will still wait for the final version.
Any progress?
Can anyone recommend us a stable monthly build that correct this problem?

Thanks

PS: 5.000 views, Hot thread!
Mmm, first reported mid-May. What seems to be the problem in fixing this?
we are working on frodo ... nobody is working on backporting stuff into eden because we have a complete new audio engine in frodo - well dev capacities are low with the android port going on too.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange sound when movie is paused1