Music/Video FFWD/RWD seek speed intervals
Searched a fair few terms on the forum, TRAC and Google and surprised to turn up no results - I'm standing by to be shot down for missing something obvious! ATV2 Frodo (latest nightly).

So using the supplied silver remote, I press left or right to skip 30s back or forward, or hold them down to seek in either direction (play resumes on release) - all normal.

I have programmed the ATV to use my Sony receiver remote which has additional fast forward/rewind and skip buttons as well as the standard up, down, left and right. The latter work exactly as per the Apple remote. Using the additional fwd/rwd buttons invokes the 'latching' seek mode but the speed jumps 2 steps at a time. In both videos and music players, if I choose to fast forward or rewind I see the OSD skip past every other speed interval; i.e. from 1x >> 4x >> 16x and back to 1x, skipping over the 2x, 8x and 32x steps in between. I assume XBMC is erroneously being sent 2 button presses by a module which detects remote commands from the ATV? This problem did not exist in Eden so I have a suspicion it's a function of the rolling repeat code introduced in Frodo (which I'm extremely grateful for!)?

Using the XBMC remote app on iPhone, I can correctly seek at all speed interval by holding the buttons for a few seconds.
Hmm, very possible. If I get a chance to get to the ATV2 I'll try to test this as well (the folks now have the ATV2).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music/Video FFWD/RWD seek speed intervals0