ATV2, QNAP and problem with NFS
Hi Board,

Firstly apologies if this query has been raised and answered in a previous post.

Firstly my set up. I am running XBMC on my SeasonPass Jailbroken ATV2 (tethered), originally installed via Firecore aTV Flash black. Everything was running smoothly until earlier this morning. Having unplugged my ATV2, i tried a tethered restart and SeasonPass informed me of an update, which of course I installed, requiring a new IPSW to be installed and the ATV being restored.

I now have a problem having reinstalled XBMC, that when adding the file sources for TV Shows and Movies all files are being scraped and put into my library, however when i try to play them at least 80% of the files, i get the message "file no longer available, would you like to remove from library". Having removed the sources and cleaned the library, restarted XBMC several times, uninstalled and reinstalled through Firecore, i was still unable to solve the issue. I then tried to add the shares by SAMBA, however on the problem folders, I was given the ERROR 2: Share not available. I have also tried a complete uninstall with all components removed and reinstall through SSH and still nothing.

Running Firecore's Media Player I am able to access all files by Samba, I am also able to access all files via NFS on my DUNE HD.

I have also checked my QNAP settings and NFS is enabled.

I was watching these problematic programs on XBMC yesterday without any problems (in fact the best media experience I have had so far).

Hopefully someone can help.

Kind Regards

Ben
So when you add the NFS sources, how do you do it? Via the GUI or sources.xml ?

Can you set it up as you had it previously, accessing the QNAP via NFS, and then post your sources.xml , and a debug log from when it errors out accessing the files?

Thanks.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Hi Cranial,
I am adding the NFS sources from the GUI (don't know enough to do it from sources.xml)

Debug Log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2531

The log seems pretty long, so a quick step by step of what I have done:

1) Add NFS source > Celebrity Juice > Season 4 (Known problem folder) - All AVI Files
- Folder was set up as TV Show
- XBMC performed scan - nothing added to GUI library

2) Add NFS source > Game of Thrones > Season 1 (was working fine yesterday) - ALL MKV Files
- XBMC performed scan - nothing added to GUI library

3) Add NFS source > TV Shows (the folder where all of my TV Shows are located)
- XBMC performed scan - All TV Shows, seasons and episodes parsed and added to GUI library

4) Played Game of Thrones > Season 1 > Episode 1
- Played fine

5) Played Celebrity Juice > Season 4 > Episode 1
- received error that file is no longer available

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Ben
Okay, so you're TV files are located in Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/TV/ ? It looks like there's permissions issues on some items in that folder.

You know how to ssh into your QNAP ? Can you give us the output of running ls -la on the Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/TV/ folder please?

i am not sure why there are permission issues as was able to access all files through XBMC 2 days ago, I can still access them via my DUNE HD Smart D1 player and through the Firecore Media Player. Seems strange.

Not sure how to ssh into my QNAP, but i will google it.

Sorry (being pretty much a newb to all this) what do you mean by "Can you give us the output of running ls -la on the Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/TV/ folder "

Really appreciate your help
(2012-05-13, 07:07)bnbryden Wrote: i am not sure why there are permission issues as was able to access all files through XBMC 2 days ago, I can still access them via my DUNE HD Smart D1 player and through the Firecore Media Player. Seems strange.

Not sure how to ssh into my QNAP, but i will google it.

Sorry (being pretty much a newb to all this) what do you mean by "Can you give us the output of running ls -la on the Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/TV/ folder "

Really appreciate your help

What I'm assuming is there's been a coincidental change on the QNAP (with when the ATV2 played up), perhaps SABNZBD has updated, or Sickbeard has changed if you use it, and file permissions have changed somewhere. The other devices probably aren't accessing files over NFS?

So what type of platform are you using? Mac? Windows?

The QNAP forums / faq will tell you how to access your device over SSH. If you're on a Mac, you'll open terminal.app and type ssh [email protected] then input your QNAP admin password. You may need to turn on SSH access via the QNAP admin GUI first.

Once in you'll type cd /share/Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/TV

then type ls -la and the output of that command you can copy and paste here.

Hope that helps.

ok, i now get what your saying, my mistake.

i am using a macbook pro. Thanks for the mini guide, will come back soon
hi,

here is the ssh info from my qnap:

[~] # cd /share/Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/TV
[/share/Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/TV] # ls -la
drwxrwxrwx 26 admin administ 4096 May 13 02:24 ./
drwxrwxrwx 9 admin administ 4096 May 13 07:34 ../
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin administ 24580 May 12 20:12 .DS_Store
-rw-rw-rw- 1 admin administ 4096 Jan 17 12:51 ._.DS_Store
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Army Wives/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Britains Got Talent/
drwxr-xr-x 2 admin administ 4096 May 13 02:24 Britains.Got.Talent.S06E17.Final.HDTV.x264-C4TV/
drwxrwxrwx 6 admin administ 4096 May 13 03:15 Celebrity Juice/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Desperate Housewives/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Dexter/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Fringe/
drwxrwxrwx 4 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Game of Thrones/
drwxrwxrwx 10 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Hustle/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 7 21:19 Keith Lemon's LemonAid/
drwxr-xr-x 2 admin administ 4096 May 12 22:15 Keith.Lemons.Lemon.Aid.S01E05.HDTV.x264-C4TV/
drwxrwxrwx 5 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Modern Family/
drwxrwxrwx 4 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Mrs Browns Boys/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Person of Interest/
drwxr-xr-x 2 admin administ 4096 May 4 22:34 Pillars of the Earth Mini Series BDRip XviD REWARD/
drwxrwxrwx 17 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Silent Witness/
drwxrwxrwx 2 admin administ 12288 May 12 18:00 Stella/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents/
drwxrwxrwx 4 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Survivors/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 The Amazing Race/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 The Voice Uk/
drwxr-xr-x 2 admin administ 4096 May 13 00:21 The.Voice.UK.S01E11.HDTV.x264-C4TV/
drwxrwxrwx 2 admin administ 4096 Aug 12 2011 Turkey 2011/
drwxrwxrwx 6 admin administ 4096 May 12 18:00 Waking the Dead/

does this shed any light?

Ben
Unfortunately, no, it doesn't.

I was hoping for an easy fix. It's late here in Australia, I'll have to bow out for tonight.

But I might leave you with a couple of links for reading. Not fixes for your issue per se, but might help you get a better setup going as far as QNAP and XBMC tying together.

TV Show download/sorting automation (I'm the thread starter on that one [Holdnuts])

XBMC - NFS with a QNAP

Have a read through those and see if it sheds any light on your setup. But post back here and I'll be back to help out when I'm not working.

Hi, thanks for the efforts i really do appreciate it. I have been using sabnzbd, sickbeard and couchpotato for a few months now, it was only recent that I decided to move to the ATV2 and XBMC. It all worked so well together.........until now.

I have tried following the XBMC - NFS with a QNAP guide, the only difference I see is that at point 7. i do not get the "/share/NFS/Qmultimedia" 192.168.1.15(insecure,rw,nohide,async,no_root_squash) 192.168.1.20(insecure,rw,nohide,async,no_root_squash)" have tried several times and it will only show "/share/MD0_DATA/Qmultimedia" 192.168.1.15(insecure,rw,async,no_root_squash) 192.168.1.20(insecure,rw,async,no_root_squash)"

I dont know if this is because I am using different hardware (TS-219P) or if i am doing something wrong?

I am seriously considering doing a complete hard reset on my NAS and starting again!
Code:
20:23:44 T:153243648    INFO: CFileNFS::Open: Unable to open file : 'Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/TV/Celebrity Juice/Season 4/Celebrity Juice - S04E10 - WS PDTV XviD C4TV.nfo'  error : 'open call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //sabnzbd failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)"'

the permissions on you sabnzbd folder are the cause of your problem...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-05-13, 14:00)bnbryden Wrote: Hi, thanks for the efforts i really do appreciate it. I have been using sabnzbd, sickbeard and couchpotato for a few months now, it was only recent that I decided to move to the ATV2 and XBMC. It all worked so well together.........until now.

I have tried following the XBMC - NFS with a QNAP guide, the only difference I see is that at point 7. i do not get the "/share/NFS/Qmultimedia" 192.168.1.15(insecure,rw,nohide,async,no_root_squash) 192.168.1.20(insecure,rw,nohide,async,no_root_squash)" have tried several times and it will only show "/share/MD0_DATA/Qmultimedia" 192.168.1.15(insecure,rw,async,no_root_squash) 192.168.1.20(insecure,rw,async,no_root_squash)"

I dont know if this is because I am using different hardware (TS-219P) or if i am doing something wrong?

I am seriously considering doing a complete hard reset on my NAS and starting again!

Don't do a full reset.

Remember, you're viewing your files from inside Qdownload, not Qmultimedia, so take that into account when setting up NFS.

Can you try this for now:

SSH into your QNAP again and type this:

cd /share

then

/sbin/set_volume_mode Qdownload

It's a built in script to fix permissions. May help, as it's only some files that have issues.

Cranial, thank you so much you are a superstar.

I came so close to doing a full reset of my Qnap! I have also made some other changes so that SABNZBD grabs the nzbs from Qdownload and then post processes them into Qmultimedia. I came across a slightly different problem in that with NFS enabled I still couldnt get access to the source folder, however your script has done the trick.

Really big thank you for your assistance on this. I really appreciate it.

Ben
Hi, me again!

from the post above, when i used your script i was able to scan the files that were already in my folders and they were found by xbmc and i am able to watch them, however when i then try to update my library for new content it does not find anything.

I again tried to remove the source, clean library, re-add the source (Qmultimedia) and it only finds the original library.

What am I doing wrong?
new debug log at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2584

it would seem to be a similar error as before

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2, QNAP and problem with NFS0