OS X Trailers & Movie path help
Smile 
Took me quite a while to figure out how to play my trailers instead of streaming them from the net. Just copy the trailer & rename to "moviename-trailer" , refresh and make sure it's in the same folder as the movie. fairly simple except for the time it will take to rename thousands of files.

My problem is that I have thousands of movie files spanning a dozen removable 1 TB hard drives. I need to have the path to the actual movie to show up in the XBMC movie info screen so that I can know where to look to copy to my flash drive or stream to my entertainment center PC. My guests need to be able to click the trailer button for a preview. These trailer files need to be on my main OS drive so they will always be available no matter where the actual movie is stored. It seems there is no way to have it both ways - I can list trailers or Movies or just use the streaming trailers option from youtube add-on.

I don't like to depend on youtube or any other trailer site as older movies may eventually be taken down and I have many hard to find movie trailers which can prove to be impossible. Many trailers I have made myself so they won't be available on the web at all.

I'm thinking perhaps I should settle on two separate directories, one for trailers and one for movies but what a pain that will be to maintain. Perhaps there is a script of some sort that will do what I need but I haven't been able to find it.

Any help with this issue will be much appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers & Movie path help0