• 2(current)
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration
I don't know the Android app you are using, but the easiest way would be to create a button and and input ALT+TAB, or just teach it the command if you have an IR keyboard. I'd see if there is a forum for the Android remote app where you can ask how to set up the button.

Alternatively, you may be able to set up an existing button on the remote to start XBMC, or bring it in focus, by going to the XBMC exe file, right click to select Properties, then select the Shortcut field and press the button you want to use on your remote (you'll see the resulting string in the Shortcut field).

Hope this helps.
I do the same thing as OP, just with nircmd to minimize and pssuspend to save cpu cycles (my HTPC is rather weak, and tends to use a good chunk of cpu when XBMC is idle on home screen with my current skin). Also makes the transition between programs a little more seamless, at least for me.
(2012-05-19, 00:51)username145 Wrote: I do the same thing as OP, just with nircmd to minimize and pssuspend to save cpu cycles (my HTPC is rather weak, and tends to use a good chunk of cpu when XBMC is idle on home screen with my current skin). Also makes the transition between programs a little more seamless, at least for me.

Hi, username145. Suspending XBMC while viewing MCE Live TV or MCE Netflix would be a great idea, especially if it smooths the transitions between XBMC and MCE.

I looked up pssuspend, but not sure how it would integrate in this particular case with the AutoHotKey script (as I said in the original post, command line stuff makes me dizzy). It looks like it'd be something like:

Run, pssuspend.exe XBMC.exe,,Hide ; pause XBMC
Run, pssuspend.exe -r XBMC.exe,,Hide ; un-pause XBMC

but not really sure.

And pssuspend.exe needs to be in the same folder as the AutoHotKey script executable, right?
I don't know how I would script it in autohotkey, since I do it with a batch file, something like:

nircmd win min process XBMC.exe
pssuspend XBMC.exe
cd "C:\pathtoyourlnk"
mce.lnk
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
nircmd win max process XBMC.exe

And have the launcher point to the batch file

I don't know if it's the best way etc, am no programmer or anything, but it works quite well for me

And pssuspend/nircmd can go in C:\Windows
Thanks username145! It works well, but unfortunately the transition between XBMC and MCE is worse (the desktop is exposed for about a second or two).

I am trying to find a solution to this. Otherwise, the suspension ida is great. Smile
The reason I minimize, is because without it I simply get XBMC forced out of fullscreen mode instead. So instead of seeing my desktop for a second (which is black, no icons/startbar/cursor etc) I would have XBMC flicker once or twice then pop itself into a window, titlebar and all, while MCE loads. First way is just much better in my case, especially with a relatively weak PC. If we can find a command line app that fades a display to black in/out over x seconds, we could have it 100% seamless Tongue
Can we get the coded links to these links?

EG: Netflix in WMC is {e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}

What is Live TV?
I was looking something exactly like this since I have to use WMC for tv/recording because I'm stuck with a cablecard. However, the link in the OP for the zip didn't work.
Hi, I am looking into better script options and will post them as soon as I cobble something together. Not sure why the link is not working - it must have expired.
Yeah, was wanting to give this a try but the link seems to have expired Sad Might I suggest using www.min.us to upload things? my favorite place to upload personally. No timers or expiration dates on things. Looking forward to see what you cobble together as I'm rather disappointed with any offerings of netflix integration currently available.
IMO, this looks to be the best way to integrate LiveTV and Netflix. I'd like to try this out on my build. Is there any way you could re-up the original scripts someplace? Thanks for you work on this.
Yes, man, I am very interested in this. the autohotkey file link is no longer valid.
I would like the files as well! thanks!
Link to Zellig's original archive:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/is0bfy

(2012-05-31, 10:05)username145 Wrote: Link to Zellig's original archive:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/is0bfy

Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying this out.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASED]: MCE Live TV (and MCE Netflix) XBMC Integration1