iOS battery life seems short while playing mp3s
long time xbmc user. my original xbox is still in use. so i was really happy to see it had been ported to ios and runs on the ipod touch. have been using it and it works amazingly. my only question is what are people seeing for battery life? if I just have a podcast playing from the file browser and with the screensaver dimming the screen i seem to lose about 50% battery life after an hour. obviously this is a significant hit compared to other mp3 players on the ipod. anyone else seeing this? are there any settings or hacks that might reduce the battery drain that others have found?

I'm running cydia and the current build seems to be XBMC 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09

xbmc so far is my favorite mp3 player on the ipod given how my music collection is set up. however I understand xbmc isnt primarily designed to conserve battery power.
Search our wiki for DR (dirty region rendering). Deactivate the rss feed at the home screen and activate dirty regions in the advancedsettings.xml.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thanks! much better. looks like I'm getting about twice the battery life now. dropping 15% every 30 minutes. so about 3.50 hours of mp3 player per charge. still a lot lower than other audio only players. would be interested if this jives with what others are seeing or if there are any other ideas to make it even better.

o I disabled the rss updating
o per http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dirty_regions I set the following
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>

I know it took affect as it does cause some graphical blips I can live with for twice the battery life. anyway thanks again.
You already pointed out that XBMC is not the best in efficiently using a battery Wink. There are no other known tweaks.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
battery life seems short while playing mp3s0