moving from night to confluence
I have xbmc 11 eden on my ATV2 and had been using the Night skin for a while but it seems liek it has been slow and buggy lately so I have decided to switch to confluence.

The default confluence skin is a lot faster and more stable so I love that part but there are a few things that I really miss from the Night skin so I am wondering if it is possible to add them.

1) I really miss the way movies and TV looked when you pause them in Night. if there was clearart available it would be displayed on the bottom of the screen - and for movies a small version of the cover woudl show on the bottom. Also the "scrub bar" would be displayed the full width of the screen and at the bottom of the screen rather than in the small area at the top of the screen like in confluence. I also liked that it would tell me what time the movie would be finished.

2) I really liked that it would show me the most recently added movies when i select the movies area on the home page. I have see this in screenshots throughout this forum but I am not sure how to add that.

The key is that I love how confluence performs so much better so I am wondering if there is a way to add these features to confluence without sacrificing performance on the ATV2.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
ok so it looks like item #2 (recently added movies) is just a skin setting that needs to be enabled in settings - duh! Smile
How do I make it so that when i select one of the recently added movies it shows the info screen instead of just playing it? I changed the setting so that it shows the info screen when I select a movie in the main library area but I would like the same action from the recently added movies too.

I was just playing around with the windows version and I noticed that if you roll your mouse over the screen, you get the overlay on the bottom of the screen that shows the movie cover and the full width "scrub bar". just what i was looking for but how do I activate that on AppleTV2? when i press pause on ATV2, it just gives me the small display at the top of the screen instead of the full overlay at the bottom of he page?

You might take a look at the various mods for confluence...check my sig for example...or try convergence...
The behaviour for playing recently added from the widget is hardcoded...I'm not 100% sure if you get the "show details" in there...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
convergence looks interesting - any idea if that runs as smoothly as confluence on ATV2?
Think the ATV2 guys were having problems getting it to run smoothly, as it was not designed to be minimal. It's worth a try though - you can always uninstall and delete Smile
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
moving from night to confluence0