XBMC requires Internet access??
First posting. Hello all.

Over the past week, my internet company shut down my service due to problems during change of service.

I noticed my XBMC wouldn't play any of my movies nor DVD/BD movies at all.

I tried two other computers to eliminate the computer related questions.

Finally I back rev'ed to XBMC eden beta 2 and it worked fine. I also had a buddy confirm on his system by disconnecting internet only. His system also stopped working.

Why exactly does xbmc require internet access to play a movie??

All movies were scrapped by media companion. Library has been built for months. XBMC eden failed on both Win7 PC and Mac computer. Otherwise no special plug-ins are being used, just plain jane install.

Thanks!
It should not require internet access. Could you submit a debug log on this thread of the Eden final build failing to work without internet? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...bug_report
Sorry to dredge up an older thread... but I'm experiencing similar symptoms of reliance on the Internet. I've got an Atom based Acer Revo running XBMCUbuntu. When the Internet is down, the device is very sluggish to boot and access any files from my local NAS. I can SSH into the device and can ping my gateway (firewall), but no nslookup (obviously since the Internet is down).

To my knowledge, the only apps or plugins which are trying to access the Internet is the Weather and RSS feed.

Any updates to this issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC requires Internet access??0