Use XBMC without GUI
Hi,

I am currently building a dedicated home cinema and my plan is to use XBMC to playback movies. I will use an iPad as remote control and my question is if it is possible to launch XBMC without any GUI on the screen - only remote control? I do not want anything projected on my screen before playing the playlist. I also do not want any OSD messages to appear when the file starts playing.

Thanks for your help
(2012-05-14, 16:03)jajoj Wrote: Hi,

I am currently building a dedicated home cinema and my plan is to use XBMC to playback movies. I will use an iPad as remote control and my question is if it is possible to launch XBMC without any GUI on the screen - only remote control? I do not want anything projected on my screen before playing the playlist. I also do not want any OSD messages to appear when the file starts playing.

Thanks for your help

not that I know of, unless there is a skin that is specific like that. You could always use the blanking option on the projector if it has that so it doesn't show anything then turn it off when you play a movie.

I don't know why you want to do this as the XBMC interface is so rich I don't know why you wouldn't want to see it but to each their own I guess.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I agree that the XBMC interface is great, but I want to come as close to a real cinema experience as possible.

I use the blanking option of the projector right now, but I was looking for something more userfriendly in the long term. Also, even with manual blanking, I can see some OSD elements when a new file is started on the playlist (I use a playlist with a couple of trailers before the movie).

My search for a completely black theme is so far unsuccessful. Maybe I should make it myself.

/ j
In theory, taking a working skin, and removing all the textures from the media folder, and the font xml's, and hey presto you have a blank screen.
any popups should also be blank

RBX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use XBMC without GUI0