Welo Translations
Well I can do it in German as well, but it doesn't sound so good in my opinion.
I just did a complete retranslation of the new strings.xml file and will compare it to my previous one. But I still need to optimize some words here and there before I post the translation.

And the "Enable Plot Outline" is a good one. I was also asking myself what this one is for.
Another question for liquidskin: "Recent Items", is this referrring to recently watched, or recently added? (Just to be sure of your meaning)
The cake is a lie!
I forgot another thing.

In poster view (wrap or fixed) for movies or TV shows, there is a "watched" overlay in the corner.

Will it be possible to translate it (i don't think, because for me it seems to be hardcoded) or will it be possible to have an icon instead of a word?

That's all for tonight.
HTPC: Lian Li PC-Q09F | Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 | AMD Fusion A6-3500 | Crucial M4 64 Go SSD | Kingston 4 Go DDR3 RAM | Scythe Kozuti | Be Quiet! SilentWings 2 80 mm
(2012-05-29, 23:27)Anquetos Wrote: Thanks for the overlaping, it is alright now, but i still have the "arrow problem"...

Can you grab a fresh screen shot for this one and post it in the bugs thread.

Cheers Wink
(2012-05-29, 23:45)Anquetos Wrote: I forgot another thing.

In poster view (wrap or fixed) for movies or TV shows, there is a "watched" overlay in the corner.

Will it be possible to translate it (i don't think, because for me it seems to be hardcoded) or will it be possible to have an icon instead of a word?

That's all for tonight.

The watched/new! banners are actually images, so can't be translated at the moment. I can look into changing however not sure what it will look like if the translation is longer than banner, and the text starts to autoscroll.

Will add it to the to-do list, and see.

Cheers Wink
The 'Enable Plot Outline' isn't used at the moment, however still translate it if you can, as i'll be using it sooner or later. It's for the Movies section, and is an alternative option to full plot.
Regarding the labels like...

"Watch your Movies"
"Watch your TV Shows"
"Listen to your Music"
"Watch your Videos"

...unfotrunately they can't be one string as they are displayed on two line, using different font size, so that rules out using a '[CR]' line break. So for example, that's why 'Watch Your' and 'Movies' are two separate strings. Not sure i can help on that one, without changing the actual skin design.

Also, yeah, some are still pulling translations from the general xbmc strings. Sorry! I'll change all to skin strings.

Cheers Wink
Hi liquidskin76,
(2012-05-30, 11:01)liquidskin76 Wrote: Can you grab a fresh screen shot for this one and post it in the bugs thread.
Done.

(2012-05-30, 11:01)liquidskin76 Wrote: The watched/new! banners are actually images, so can't be translated at the moment. I can look into changing however not sure what it will look like if the translation is longer than banner, and the text starts to autoscroll.

Will add it to the to-do list, and see.
Not very important for the moment.

(2012-05-30, 11:01)liquidskin76 Wrote: The 'Enable Plot Outline' isn't used at the moment, however still translate it if you can, as i'll be using it sooner or later. It's for the Movies section, and is an alternative option to full plot.
I'll take a look when it will be used to have a good translation.

(2012-05-30, 11:22)liquidskin76 Wrote: Also, yeah, some are still pulling translations from the general xbmc strings. Sorry! I'll change all to skin strings.
Thanks!Wink
HTPC: Lian Li PC-Q09F | Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 | AMD Fusion A6-3500 | Crucial M4 64 Go SSD | Kingston 4 Go DDR3 RAM | Scythe Kozuti | Be Quiet! SilentWings 2 80 mm
About to release an update (1.0.3) to help you guys out...

Each home screen label will now have it's own string. There are dupilcates in there however you will now be able to translate each label combination as needed!

Cheers Wink
Thank you very much.

Translation updated!

Wink
Fabulous!
Will start translation

EDIT:
Well, i have my translation finished.
Thanks for adding the individual Strings for the home screens. However I decided to leave the first string of each home screen empty.
In German you would rather say "Movies watch" than "Watch Movies". I understand that this would require to change the skin (e.g. to add a third string which is schon below the "Movies" line. But anyway, I decided to simply say "Movies" or "TV Shows". The problem is that once i leave the string empty, the english original is shown. Even entering spaces won't help.
I assume this is a feature of the XBMC to fill up missing translations.
Any chance to disable this behaviour or any idea how to get around this?
The cake is a lie!
Never mind, I found a way. I just added a line break and a dot in the new line.

Here is the German Language file for 1.0.3
http://textuploader.com/?p=6&id=VqDpk
The cake is a lie!
(2012-05-31, 00:00)blubberx Wrote: Never mind, I found a way. I just added a line break and a dot in the new line.

Here is the German Language file for 1.0.3
http://textuploader.com/?p=6&id=VqDpk

Excellent, cheers blubberx. Yeah, when you leave a string empty, looks like it's picking up the english string entry for that label. Maybe it's caching the previous translations, being english?

I'll log a trac ticket for it as it doesn't behave that way for the english translation.
I've been away for some time but here are my modified version of the french strings as there was some unnecessary abrevations, missing accents, inconsistency and some other stuff.

French strings
Hey idoru,

Cheers for the updated translations. There will be some new strings in the next version... could you update again after release and repost?

Thanks
(2012-07-08, 09:11)liquidskin76 Wrote: Hey idoru,

Cheers for the updated translations. There will be some new strings in the next version... could you update again after release and repost?

Thanks

Sure, no biggie !
Hi idoru,

I'll let you do the next updates since "you're back" and since my translations are "inconsistants" even if i'm not agree with some of the small modifications you've made...

It would have been nice if we could have discuss before you post a "correction" since i did the base translation. Wink

Lack of politeness.
Hi Anquetos,

Appologies on my part. Blush I quickly replied on my iPhone without thinking. No offence intended! Wink

Maybe you guys can pull togeather and produce a new string set for release 1.5.0, as there will be new strings.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welo Translations0