Slideshow screensaver - not working - frodo alpha (15th may)
Hello

So i updated xbmc today, and got a weird problem.

When selecting screensaver -> slideshow -> videofanart. The screen dims 100% and reverts to using dim.
When checking settings after this happens, it says dim is selected as screensaver.

This didnt happen before.

Using latest frodo alpha, compiled 15th of may, do you you need a log for this?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
You should make sure it is a repeatable issue. Then wait for a few daily builds and try again before you report it. Also if using nightlies you can see the latest commits and comments and see if it is something that is being worked on before you report.
Same issue here.
I think this is a side-effect of the recent texture cache changes by jmarshall. The video fanart is no longer being stored in a separate folder to the other cached artwork, so the slideshow screensaver now has nothing to use - presumably causing XBMC to default back to using the dim screensaver.

You'd only really see this, though, if you'd started from scratch with a nightly, or otherwise deleted the old cache; if you'd just updated, the old fanart would still be in the fanart folder and be usable by the screensaver, which is probably why not many people have noticed or complained (although people might eventually notice that newer fanart never appears in the screensaver).
(2012-05-23, 16:00)scudlee Wrote: I think this is a side-effect of the recent texture cache changes by jmarshall. The video fanart is no longer being stored in a separate folder to the other cached artwork, so the slideshow screensaver now has nothing to use - presumably causing XBMC to default back to using the dim screensaver.

You'd only really see this, though, if you'd started from scratch with a nightly, or otherwise deleted the old cache; if you'd just updated, the old fanart would still be in the fanart folder and be usable by the screensaver, which is probably why not many people have noticed or complained (although people might eventually notice that newer fanart never appears in the screensaver).

I'm experiencing the same problem with a fresh install of Eden. Is there a solution or work around?

Found this thread while trying to solve the problem myself.

Since I was updating to a new nightly build to test, I simply copied my Video Fanart cache folder from my the backup of the XBMC userdata folder taken before installation, and pasted it into the XBMC userdata folder created by the new installation.

The folder can be found at C:\User\*YOUR*USER*HERE*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart\

Hopefully this may be a useful workaround for people in a similar position to me! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow screensaver - not working - frodo alpha (15th may)0