My Build / Need case ideas?
First off, I was hoping for some ideas on cool cases. The HTPC will be put into my home theater stand and I have to fit it into a cabinet that is 15.5 wide by 7 inches high. The HTPC will be in an enclosed area in the cabinet so heat management is important.

This is what I'm considering:

AMD A8-3850 APU Quad-Core Processor (AD3850WNGXBOX) - AMD

Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB SATA III 64 MB Cache Bare/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD30EZRX -

Kingston Technology HyperX Blu 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM (Kit of 2) XMP KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX

Crucial 64 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT064M4SSD2

Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100) -

ASRock Socket FM1/AMD A75 FCH/SATA3&USB3.0/A&GbE/Mini-ITX Motherboard A75M-ITX

I'm not dead set on either Mini or Micro ATX and actually don't know much of the pros/cons of either. Anything I'm missing in the above?
popular cases are listed in my HTPC guide.
second post of it.
have a look.
This site has a good few mini ITX cases, you could get them cheaper elsewhere but it's good for a comparison etc.

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=3
ncix.com is a good place to look as well. They have a price match so they will match anyone else out there too.
I can't say enough Great things about this case: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)

It's about the size of a DVD player (in fact, I removed my old DVD Player and this fit nicely in its place).
It is small but very spacious.
Will fit everything you listed and then some.
Has excellent vent placements, including one right above where the CPU Cooler lives.
The Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100) fits perfectly in this case!

Hard Drive and SSD placements are well thought out (designed) and have rubber nubs where they screw in to minimize any noise.
Bottom-line,...there is no noise.

See here for my build and pictures of the case, the mobo, and fan.
(2012-05-21, 14:14)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: I can't say enough Great things about this case: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)

It's about the size of a DVD player (in fact, I removed my old DVD Player and this fit nicely in its place).
Has excellent vent placements, including one right above where the CPU Cooler lives.
The Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100) fits perfectly in this case!

Hard Drive and SSD placements are well thought out (designed) and have rubber nubs where they screw in to minimize any noise.

Are the measurements on Amazon.com accurate? Doesnt look like it will fit?
(2012-05-21, 13:03)OnyaByke Wrote: This site has a good few mini ITX cases, you could get them cheaper elsewhere but it's good for a comparison etc.

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=3

Thanks! how does the rest of my setup look?
(2012-05-21, 14:27)Pasoa2021 Wrote:
(2012-05-21, 14:14)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: I can't say enough Great things about this case: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)

Are the measurements on Amazon.com accurate? Doesnt look like it will fit?

Thanks! how does the rest of my setup look?

Take a look at my build and pictures of the case, the mobo, and fan. since I'm using the ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard, the Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100), and the SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black).

All fits perfectly,...plenty of clearance for the RAM too.
(2012-05-21, 14:27)Pasoa2021 Wrote: Thanks! how does the rest of my setup look?

It's essentially the same as my current build except yours has a faster processor and you've a 3TB vs my 2TB drive so it seems pretty good to me!

(2012-05-21, 04:36)Pasoa2021 Wrote: I'm not dead set on either Mini or Micro ATX and actually don't know much of the pros/cons of either. Anything I'm missing in the above?
How about these- SilverStone Sugo Series SG06-B, LIAN LI PC-Q08B Black Aluminum Mini-ITX, LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-Q15B,.......

If you have room, the bigger case is better for airflow......and more room to expand too.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Build / Need case ideas?0