Cannot Load Zip files in XBMC Apple TV2
I am completely new to this forum, so bear with me. I am completing this work on a Macbook.

I jailbroke my Apple TV2 over the weekend, had a bit of trouble as I was running 5.0.1. In the end managed to get the tethered version running and loaded XBMC. I managed to find the zip files for the various channels on the internet and downloaded them using FileZilla on the Apple TV into the correct location. When I navigate to the files using XBMC, I can see them, but they dont appear as zip files and therefore you cannot load them.

I have trawled the internet to see if anybody else has the problem with any luck, does anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong .

Thanks
What exactly are you trying to do? Install addon repos from zip?

If you use filezilla - did you login as root? Then its most likly a permission issue. Either use the user mobile for logging in or see the iOS faq (link in my signature) for knowing howto reset the permissions.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes I am trying to install addon repos from zip.

Yes I am going through root.

I can see the files on the apple TV but it does not allow me to install, at the bottom it only allows me to cancel the process. I did see a thread which mentioned permissions, unfortunately this does not mean anything to me. This is the first time I have used the terminal function on MB.

I have jailbroken my iphone and ipads over the last few years so I am not a complete novice.

Thanks for your help, when you say link in your signature how do I get to that. Sorry I found the link now but I cannot see any topics on permission reset. Please could you point me to the correct link.

Thanks
Re: permissions

Use the SSH command under "Backing up XBMC's settings" to set the permissions to the correct user (mobile).
Direct link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...s_settings

More info on SSH if required: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ic_FAQ#SSH

Tip: use ctrl-F in your browser to find info on a page more easily. e.g. ctrl-F -> search for: "permissions"
Thanks for this, I will give it a go tonight.
I tried to reset permissions with the script, but no luck:

chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

I tried to manually type in the gosub link on the apple tv, no luck.

The bit I cannot get my head around the so called zip files I have downloaded off the internet, once moved onto the apple tv, appear as folders and not zip files. Even when I typed in the gosub link, no zip files appeared I must be doing something completely wrong.
Are you using safari by any chance? It will automatically unzips .zip folders that it downloads. You can stop this by in safari going Safari -> Preferences -> and untick "Open safe files after downloading" Then redownload them and move them.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I am using safari, let me try that
Thank you that worked, I can now see the zip files on the apple tv, it appears to load the file I downloaded, but does not appear in add-on's do I need to reset permissions again ?.

Sorry for being so slow ?
What is the add-on?
Set Up
Enable add-on's, the repository does not appear there as per the instructions I was following
So you install the repo then go from the menu (using Confluence)

Settings -> Add-ons -> Get Add-Ons -> Your Repo -> Add-on Category -> The Add- On?
Set Up
Thanks for your help I have Sportdevil working, I will try some of the other repros now.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Load Zip files in XBMC Apple TV20