XBMCbuntu
Hi All - I am trying to test XBMCbuntu Live. I have an embedded 82945G Intel graphics card driving a Viewsonic vt2430 TV via VGA. It boots fine and I see the XBMC logo as it starts to load. Then all of a sudden the monitor displays out of range and has no video. Is there a way to specify the video at boot time with the Live version? Am I mssing something? Thanks!

- Zocko
You may need to manually generate and configure your xorg.conf to specify the resolutions supported by your tv. Have a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config

EDIT - On second thoughts, I don't actually know if it's possible to edit this file on the live version, perhaps you could use a standard pc monitor/another tv maybe and then do a temporary "full" install onto a spare USB stick and then create an xorg.conf on that stick for you Viewsonic ? A bit long winded, maybe someone will come up with an easier solution Smile
Thanks Norms - OK so the weird thing is Ubuntu seems to hate this TV/monitor too for some reason. It displays as unknown in the preferences panel. I had to run the xorg.conf.failsafe to get the display going. Once up it looks really good in 1900x1080@60, but when I try to X configure it or manually edit the xorg config....POOF....off it goes. Something that it sees incorrectly or doesn't like.......that stinks as I'd really like to try XBMC....

- Zocko
Once you have it up and running in failsafe, follow the instructions in this thread. You should be able to at least pick some supported resolution/refresh rates this way and put them in your xorg.conf.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu0