Unable to mount NFS on Lion Server from ATV2
Hi,

I'm trying to mount an NFS share on Max OS X Server 10.7.3 from xbmc on Apple-TV 2 (4.3). I've followed the instructions on the Wiki, i e I added the -N argument to the nfsd plist and I created the /etc/exports file before restarting nfsd. When I enter the nfs:// URL in xbmc, however, it gives me a dialog saying that there's no connection. The debug log looks like this:

Code:
21:26:27 T:219709440  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F455)). Built on Mar 21 2012

...Cut to the relevant part...

21:55:21 T:219709440   DEBUG: CWinEventsIOS: Button press keyID = 5
21:55:21 T:219709440   DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.2.2/Volumes/Data/Archives not open - get a new context.
21:55:21 T:219709440   ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: /Volumes/Data/Archives (mount/mnt call failed with "RPC Packet not accepted by the server")
21:55:21 T:219709440   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.2.2/Volumes/Data/Archives/

I set up my exports like this:

Code:
/Volumes/Data/Archives -ro -mapall=nobody -alldirs
/Volumes/Data/Downloads -ro -mapall=nobody -alldirs

Any ideas?

Edit:
Perhaps I should add that I'm able to mount the directories using AFP. However, due to the excruciating delays when trying to play a video file (there's about a minute before the UI even says it's "Working"! Is this to be expected?), not to mention frequent crashes, I figured I would give NFS a try...

Edit 2:
I actually solved the AFP problem now -- There were some leftover setup RARs in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/temp that xbmc for some reason was trying to open each time I opened a video file. Moving these RARs out of the way did the trick, the videos launch really fast now! So I'm probably abandoning my NFS attempts for now, although I'd be happy to reproduce the fault if someone's interested.

Hi Buddard,
I also have being trying mount nfs volumes on my atv2, from a snow leopard server. And I'm not able to view the contents of the nfs shares. I believe it has something to do with apples implementation of nfs, as I can mount nfs shares on my linux box without issues. Yet my mac mini connects to my snow leopard server via nfs without any errors, even when using xmbc on the mac mini. I'm using 10.7.4 on the mac mini.
I would like to get this working as afp on the atv2 is basically crap and unstable.

Thanx

Jules

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to mount NFS on Lion Server from ATV20