Win MediaPortal TSReader Plugin Recording Issue
Hello,

I'm using a Eden build with build in PVR, Skin is Aeon Nox 3.0 Beta
PVR plugin is MediaPortal TSReader and i got some problems:

1.Watching TV works fine, but if i choose "Start Recording" from context menu, a popup tells me "Planned Recording: ....", but the user interface is not showing that it actually records, i can still choose "Start Recording".
But it records in the background, the videofiles are created.

If I choose "Start Recording" again, the PopUp tells me "Record started", and a RED dot(and red "REC") tells that it is actually recording.

Is this a known issue?Problem with the second try is that the first"background" record is stopped and a new one is created. (same problem with Confluence skin)

2.Another problem is that if i choose "Recordings" from side menu, i can see me recordings, but they are not playing by clicking on them. I can start those *.ts files with VLC but not with XBMC.....?
This only happens when i record something in Aeon Nox skin, if i record when using Confluence skin, i can playback recordings.....

3.If i go to "Recordings" in side menu, and go back to "TV Channels", i see for all channels a red Recording DOT instead of the channel logo. I have to switch in one channel to fullscreen and go back to cannel list, to get the channel logos back.......this also happens just by using Aeon Nox.

Can someone help me with this problems?
(2012-05-17, 08:10)Torro14 Wrote: 1.Watching TV works fine, but if i choose "Start Recording" from context menu, a popup tells me "Planned Recording: ....", but the user interface is not showing that it actually records, i can still choose "Start Recording".
This is a "known" issue. Currently the tvserver has no way to notify the clients of event.

(2012-05-17, 08:10)Torro14 Wrote: If I choose "Start Recording" again, the PopUp tells me "Record started", and a RED dot(and red "REC") tells that it is actually recording.
Is this a known issue?
Doing this actually force a refresh of the status so you see the RED dot.

(2012-05-17, 08:10)Torro14 Wrote: Problem with the second try is that the first"background" record is stopped and a new one is created. (same problem with Confluence skin)
We can prevent this, I will take a look.

The other problems are with the skin it self, you should report the problem to the author of the skin.

(2012-05-17, 15:58)jajoflo Wrote:
(2012-05-17, 08:10)Torro14 Wrote: 1.Watching TV works fine, but if i choose "Start Recording" from context menu, a popup tells me "Planned Recording: ....", but the user interface is not showing that it actually records, i can still choose "Start Recording".
This is a "known" issue. Currently the tvserver has no way to notify the clients of event.

What do you mean exactly by that?

I guess it is a simple client-server-dialog?

1.Client tells TV Server to record channel XY(which actually works)
2.TV Server should answer "I'm recording" .......

Is the problem that the TV Server is not giving a feedback to XBMC?

If so, why is XBMC showing "REC" with the second try?
I guess the second time XBMC tells the TV Server to record it recognizes that the server is allready in a recording state...?!?

I updated to the latest version, but still got the issue with the recording from above....

Are there any news to it?
XBMC tells the PVR addon to add a timer (schedule) to record immediately. The PVR addon creates the new schedule and the TV Server will start recording.
However I haven't implemented a call back for the TVServer to inform the PVR addon (and XBMC) that it is actually recording.
So why does XBMC show the red dot? Well, after a while, XBMC will refresh its recordings list and somehow that triggers the red recording dot.
I've already updated my development version of the addon to force XBMC to refresh its recordings list when creating an instant timer (start recording now...).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal TSReader Plugin Recording Issue0