Linux VDR - Horizontal lines when camera moves fast
Hi guys,

I'm using VDR as TV backend. The TV quality is very good, but when there are camera movements then I can see horizontal lines (the image gets torn apart).

Do you guys have an idea what I need change so that this does not happen?

Thank you very much in advance.

MastiX
Try enabling deinterlacing.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
(2012-05-17, 09:24)mastix Wrote: ...but when there are camera movements then I can see horizontal lines

You have interlaced footage.

_BJ1
(2012-05-17, 09:24)mastix Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm using VDR as TV backend. The TV quality is very good, but when there are camera movements then I can see horizontal lines (the image gets torn apart).

Do you guys have an idea what I need change so that this does not happen?

Thank you very much in advance.

MastiX
I think you are describing "tearing" and this can be resolved by going into System / System Settings / Video Output and enabling vertical blank sync, either always or during video output. It's not specifically an interlacing issue.
Hi guys,

sorry for my late reply, but I was on vacation... Smile

It pretty much looks like I have interlaced footage. Will try to enable deinterlacing this evening... let's see if it fixes stuff! Smile

Thanks for your help!
Hi guys,

I've changed the deinterlacing mode to "Auto". Works fine in 99% percent. Some channels (probably just SD) keep stuttering a little when this feature is enable... Image stucks every 2 seconds for some ms. Is there anything else I have to enable to make it 100% perfect?

Thank you very much guys... I'm one step further now! Smile

mastix
You could try fat-tony's suggestion or try some of the different deinterlacers. Are you viewing NTSC or PAL content?
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
I've personally found Bob to be the best compromise for Deinterlacing. No performance issues and a fairly decent image.
Depends on the input and video card
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR - Horizontal lines when camera moves fast0