Slightly Choppy Videos
Hi all,

I have relatively consistent choppy (minor) playback on my system. System setup:

Dell Studio 17 (2.4 Duo Core 2)
Running HDMI -> Receiver -> tv

I'll provide whatever else (not sure what is needed)
Video device? XBMC settings (Settings > System > Video and Settings > Video > Playback)? What modes (resolution@refresh) does your receiver support? What modes does the TV support?
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
Do you have sync playback to display enabled?

Yes, and the setting just below it should be set to "Audio Clock". For best video results, "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" should be on if your TV or receiver supports 24p refresh rates. However, some people have had audio delay issues with that setting on in the latest release.
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
So in video settings I have:
VDPAU enabled
Adjust display refresh rate to match video enabled
Sync playback to display enabled

As for what my tv/receiver support, not positive how/where to find that info. Here is my receiver
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-vis...mode=model

And here is my tv:
LG 42LE5200 (which I can't find a decent manual online for but I have the physical manual if I knew what I was looking for)

Log: http://pastebin.com/SK9jWHre
disable both Adjust display refresh rate to match video & Sync playback to display and see if it still does it
That's actually how it was until a few days ago, I enabled them to see if that would fix the problem and it hasn't
Is this on all content or just 24p content? Post your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
just did a test with vlc and it's same problem, apparently not XBMC specific Sad any ideas?

Also don't have a xorg.conf, my distro doesn't use it
What distro?
Bodhi
If you are running nvidia graphics then I'd be curious to know if you tried this (and if so, whether it helped):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068
(2012-05-21, 16:51)jrubenol Wrote: Bodhi

Just because your system doesn't come with an xorg.conf configured (some Ubuntu installs don't even do this any more) doesn't mean that you can't place one on the system and have X read it.

For that distro, use /etc/X11/xorg.conf even if it doesn't exist already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slightly Choppy Videos0