Screen is Dim/Dark
I have done a few searched but cannot find anything related. Not to say I may not have used good search terms. Anyways, the screen goes dark or dim when sitting idle and sometimes regardless of what keys you press on remote or keyboard it stays dim. Even if I start a show it stays dim. I have to close and reopen XBMC for it to return to normal brightness. I have tested with other skins and it seems to only be happening with Aeon Nox. Any suggestions or a resolution? Had anyone else had this happen?
(2012-05-19, 14:16)gardnersm Wrote: I have done a few searched but cannot find anything related. Not to say I may not have used good search terms. Anyways, the screen goes dark or dim when sitting idle and sometimes regardless of what keys you press on remote or keyboard it stays dim. Even if I start a show it stays dim. I have to close and reopen XBMC for it to return to normal brightness. I have tested with other skins and it seems to only be happening with Aeon Nox. Any suggestions or a resolution? Had anyone else had this happen?

yep, had that too, only under windows. not a skin issue.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
yup i've had this too, using aeon nox under windows. its only happenced once though, not sure what the casuse is.
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
I can confirm this issue on XBMC Live installed to hd (linux). After Aeon Nox automatically updated to version 3.0.0 the screen does not undim when it should. After I rolled back Aeon Nox to 2.0.0 the problem was still persisting. Nonetheless, I only noticed this problem after Aeon Nox was updated. The issue could be related to a system update (apt-get update; apt-get upgrade) though I don't think I ran an upgrade since I was using it last. The issue could also be related to a different add-on being updated.

I have just turned off dim and set my screensaver to none. Hopefully this is a temporary fix. I will report back after I see if the problem has gone away and I've had a chance to play with settings. For a very temporary fix you can re-select Aeon Nox as the current skin.

I don't really have time to debug this issue for the time being but I can report back any information or logging that may help.
This happened to me yesterday and I believe it was due to the automatic update of Aeon Nox to 3.0 whilst the dim screensaver was activated.

A simple restart of XBMC solved this issue.
happened to me again today... is it just when nox is updating or any skin?

honestly very anoying, any fix?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
This has started happening to me, has happened maybe 3 times in the past week or so. Restarting my htpc returns all back to normal. I'm running Aeon MQ4, Win7 x64, and Eden. So far, only slightly annoying. Not seeing much posted about it... or maybe I'm not looking for the right keywords.
Same here. Frodo + Aeon Nox, Switch to Confluance and back fixes the problem.
The only time I remember the screen, more specifically backgrounds, being dark with Nox was when I had the glow settings on normal or extended. I turned it off and the background became much brighter.
Did it look like this at all, im using glass nox, where this issue popped up...not sure if its what you guys seen as well. My glow settings are always on light.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2v9xc1s.png

compared to this

http://i45.tinypic.com/17zw34.png
..classic menu vs nox/glass menu ?
don't use git version
I too have this issue with XBMC 12.1 and default confluence skin on win 8
Same problem here on latest Kodi on Ubuntu + Aeon Nox, anyone has an idea?
in Kodi goto

Setting-Interface Settings--ScreenSaver " Screensvaer mode from "DIM" to "None"..

This will also disable the three minute timer under power settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen is Dim/Dark0