XBMC dosent see movie file in rar archive
Hi!

I upgraded my server to ubuntu 12.04 and now xbmc dosent see movie file in rar archives.
Any solution for that.
Runnung xbmc 11.0

I have tried searching but couldnt find anything. Probably wrong searchterms.

Any help would be much appriciated.
Same problem here: XBMC 11.0 + Ubuntu 12.04 just made scraping of archived tv series files problematic to say the least (they don't appear anywhere within XBMC). And here also no luck searching this forum or Google...
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/04/10/xbmc-a...to-debian/

AFAIK You need to compile xbmc from source to have rar support.
Something about the rarlib not having a licence that the official repo guys liked. The XBMC PPAs from the XBMC repo should work.
(2012-05-27, 05:01)Ned Scott Wrote: Something about the rarlib not having a licence that the official repo guys liked. The XBMC PPAs from the XBMC repo should work.

Which means what exactly? De-install current xbmc and re-install it from repo? I can't se em to locate a 12.04 xbmc on the team-xbmc repo... Will a different repo get me rar support? Like ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-stable
Posting from my phone right now, but this link might help: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/xbmc
(2012-05-27, 09:59)DFKT Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 05:01)Ned Scott Wrote: Something about the rarlib not having a licence that the official repo guys liked. The XBMC PPAs from the XBMC repo should work.

Which means what exactly? De-install current xbmc and re-install it from repo? I can't se em to locate a 12.04 xbmc on the team-xbmc repo... Will a different repo get me rar support? Like ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-stable

probably yes.
(2012-05-28, 10:15)wsnipex Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 09:59)DFKT Wrote:

probably yes.

Just did the reinstall and it indeed seems to fix the issue. Thanks all!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC dosent see movie file in rar archive0