• 2(current)
Series shows up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"
I am having the same problem as well. I have a fairly large library of movies and tv shows, and i like to think I know what i'm doing...

I use sickbeard to organize and rename my tv shows. this works on 10+ shows. However, the first one that didn't work was Party Down, the files were .mkv and I thought that might have to do with it. The show worked fine through files, but xbmc refused to scrape the folder. It was in the same place as the rest of my tv shows.

How I just started with The Big Bang Theory, These are .avi files and xbmc refuses to scrape. I have tried removing all the extra files sickbeard adds, as well as renaming the episode to simple s01e01.

my main naming convention: show - s01e01 - title

I've been experiencing this since right after eden came out, never tried with dharma...

Also, i'm running win 7, the sources use smb links.
I am having the same issue. Since upgrading to Eden, individual episodes are not scrapping into the TV section. My files are all named "SeriesName - S01E05 - EpisodeTitle.mkv" and the initial import worked fine, however any updates (scan for new content) won't pick up the new episodes.

Has anyone come up with a solution? Thanks!
Same issue. Anyone figure this out?
(2012-10-23, 02:48)sabotage Wrote: Same issue. Anyone figure this out?
  • Need examples of the exact filenames you are using for your TV series and episodes.
  • Need debug log (wiki) (with debugging enabled) showing your attempt to scan for new content. Upload this to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com.
I also have the same issue. Here is my log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11633

example: Hawaii.Five-0.S03E04.Popilikia.mkv
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2012-10-29, 15:13)funk0014 Wrote: I also have the same issue. Here is my log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11633

Following your log, I created a "Hawaii Five-0" folder within my "TV shows" folder. Within the "Hawaii Five-0" folder, I created a dummy file called "Hawaii.Five-0.S03E04.Popilikia.mkv". When I scanned my "TV shows" folder for new content, it picked up the show and episode correctly and added them to my library.

Check/try the following:
  • Be sure your network share is available when XBMC starts.
  • Double-check your episode filenames to be sure you are using zero instead of the letter "O": Hawaii.Five-0.SxxExx.Episode Title.mkv.
  • Select Videos > Files and navigate to your "TV Shows" folder. Open the context menu for the "TV Shows" folder and select "Scan for new content"
Thank you. I'm glad this forum exists.

I checked some things following your checklist. It still doesn't work.
It is not only hawaii five 0, I have about 20 folders with tv shows. It is strange I think, but the only file xbmc does recognize is an old episode of dexter: Dexter.S06E12.This.is.the.Way.the.World.Ends.mkv . I compared the file-names, the nfo's (titles) it's all the same I think. The newest Dexter doesn't show up in xbmc after a scan.

Again my log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11640

(2012-10-29, 22:17)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2012-10-29, 15:13)funk0014 Wrote: I also have the same issue. Here is my log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11633

Following your log, I created a "Hawaii Five-0" folder within my "TV shows" folder. Within the "Hawaii Five-0" folder, I created a dummy file called "Hawaii.Five-0.S03E04.Popilikia.mkv". When I scanned my "TV shows" folder for new content, it picked up the show and episode correctly and added them to my library.

Check/try the following:
  • Be sure your network share is available when XBMC starts.
  • Double-check your episode filenames to be sure you are using zero instead of the letter "O": Hawaii.Five-0.SxxExx.Episode Title.mkv.
  • Select Videos > Files and navigate to your "TV Shows" folder. Open the context menu for the "TV Shows" folder and select "Scan for new content"

So I know this is kind of a long shot, but is it possible within library mode there is something wrong? For instance if you are only viewing unwatched media and those files are all marked as watched, this could happen.
(2012-10-30, 12:59)funk0014 Wrote: I compared the file-names, the nfo's (titles) it's all the same I think.

If you've using nfo files with all your shows and episodes, then all bets are off. In my test above, I used only the show directory and the episode file and the scraper handled it correctly on its own.
Having the exact same problem. Half the time I can't get my files to show up at all..when they do they only show in files folder but under TV Shows is blank...really frustrating me.

Hawaii Five 0 is one of my shows..but not the only one having issue.
This is what I would do if I had problems with shows not being found by the scraper:

1. Make sure the filenames include season/episode indicators according to how XBMC expects them to be named. S01E01 and so forth.
2. Go to thetvdb.com and make sure the title contained in your filename EXACTLY MATCHES the title of the episode in question. I also keep my TV shows in separate folders, and my folder names precisely match the name of the TV show at thetvdb.com (that's for the shows, not the episodes). If a show has seasons, I'll put the episodes in a "Season 1" folder, "Season 2", etc.

So, if an episode is called "The Greatest Episode Ever", and the show is called "My Favourite TV Show", make sure the episode filename is something like "The.Greatest.Episode.Ever.S01E01.avi", make sure the root folder of the TV show is "My Favourite TV Show", and include the episode in a "Season 1" folder if need be.

3. Make sure there are no .NFO files associated with the file in question. If there is, back it up somewhere and then delete it.
4. Update your library, and then clean the library (Settings -> Video -> Clean Library) if needed.

If you've done 1-3 properly, then step 4 should solve the issue.

If it doesn't, then you've got other things happening. Check your TV Shows source; maybe you and XBMC are on different wavelengths and you both are using different folders as sources for your files.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
My problem seemed to be solved by naming the folder name after the name on TheTVDB.com and then I had to rename each file instead of just s01e01 I had to put the same name from before in front like Series Name.s01e01

Then it seemed to sort out...finally Smile Now just need a good file renamer since all my stuff now has to be renamed.
Hello,

I have recently been working through all my files naming and using Sickbeard to rename them to TVDB safe names.

I am still getting a few oddities, for instance.

I had Red Dwarf Season 2 and was missing Episode 2.

XBMC had been through scans of other new material so it's not been missed.

The structure on the NAS is

Red Dwarf > Season * > Red Dwarf - S02E01 - Kryten.avi
Red Dwarf - S02E02 - Better Than Life.avi

As you can see the names are what are expected.

This has happened through a few series.

I have checked TVDB.com for the name and it matches, it just does not appear!

Any help is gratefully received.

Tom

Hi,

I just registered only for this issue.

I've encountered this too. I've been using XBMC for a couple of years. Just recently, when moving tv show files to my regular folder, XBMC refused to scrape the episode names at all, showing up only under "files", not under "tv shows".

This is new. I used the same routine as always, the ONLY difference was this time the episode names and info wasn't scraped. I've used the same file names as always, the same procedure, the same folder names. They just don't show up.

So i thought maybe thetvdb.com suddenly changed it's naming standard, but no. No changes there. Everything I added so far is named correctly, it's just the new stuff I add that's affected.

I've updated, cleaned, updated again, restarted the computer, restarted xbmc, checked network drives, checked internet access, but nothing. It just won't work. This must be a bug of some kind.

Does ANYBODY have a solution to this? Not the usual "check the spellning, clean the database, check your folder" advice. I've done that. I need a real solution.

Please?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Check your debug log (wiki) right after you update your library and see why the TV shows aren't being added. If there are errors trying to access the TVDB site, it is likely due to this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158690
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series shows up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"0