• 5(current)
Series shows up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"
Any reasons why even with local nfo scraping i still get this issues as well?

Some shows won't even appear in TV Show sections or just partially while those same shows will show up just fine when using the iOS remote app.... I wish there could be some final solution to this.
My nfos are written with sickbear and no other scrapper are able to mess with the library and everything will show up just fine in plex. Sorry for the mistakes i feel like i'm spending so much time only to try and have my library parsed and shown correctly in xbmc/kodi but still at the same time i'm not ready to give up on it either. I,ve used MCM in the past but only to find it was way to bloathed for what SB can do without having to screw with every titles in my library when it decide to do so.

Oh and yeah same goes for movies sections. Some movie will completely disappear and so on....

My library which is located on an equivalent of a NAS is quite simple local SMB share over a GB network and has everything separated in 4 subfolders. So symlinks or weird network mounts at all everythings has its place.

My naming convetions are exacltly ahs recommended by wiki.
like i said i don't have problems with any other library parser

Anywais so some pointers would be appreciated guys.
Make sure you don't have "hide watched" turned on in the lefthand sidebar menu. That has tricked me a few times myself.
This is an issue for me as well. Are the Devs working on this? Is there a wiki update stating the status of this issue? As for me, Kodi is pretty much useless on iOS until it is fixed.
(2015-03-09, 08:04)gdd2010 Wrote: This is an issue for me as well. Are the Devs working on this? Is there a wiki update stating the status of this issue? As for me, Kodi is pretty much useless on iOS until it is fixed.

As far as I know, there is no issue to fix. I cannot reproduce this bug, no matter what I have tried. The only conclusion I can come to with the available information given in this thread is that "hide watched" got accidentally turned on.
(2015-03-09, 08:11)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 08:04)gdd2010 Wrote: This is an issue for me as well. Are the Devs working on this? Is there a wiki update stating the status of this issue? As for me, Kodi is pretty much useless on iOS until it is fixed.

As far as I know, there is no issue to fix. I cannot reproduce this bug, no matter what I have tried. The only conclusion I can come to with the available information given in this thread is that "hide watched" got accidentally turned on.

Here's a pic of my home screen and my settings.

You need to access the "hide watched" settings here:

I did. I even set it to "Off" for all folders and menu items. I un-installed/re-installed Kodi and sitll messed up. Just to add, My Episodes and Movies are formatted properly for scraping (so that's not an issue). The issue is, I can't even turn on "TV Shows" as a menu item at all. See in my pic? It is subdued and can not be set to "On."
Actually, that screen shot also shows that your TV shows are being scanned as movies, and not as TV shows. Try changing the content settings to "TV shows": Set content and scan (wiki)
I wonder if It's because I am importing them into OPlayer on my iPhone (which works pretty well, except for DTS) and it sees them, but I can't get to that folder location (iOS has it hidden somewhere I can't find).
OK. Went to use Kodi and now "Movies" Menu item can NOT be turned on in the Settings/Skin Settings menu. I just uninstalled and decided screw it! Kodi works great on my machine at home. Just iOS version is too buggy. My log doesn't even show any errors.
Hi All,

This just started happening for one show in my library that previously worked fine. I added the folder by itself as a source, set the content as TV, used the TVDB scraper and scanned for new content. Here's what the log shows:

Quote:14:17:20 T:139802792601344 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x08 - You Are the Heart.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x09 - The Son Rises.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/extrafanart/', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x10 - Cardiac Support.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x06 - In Extremis.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x05 - Doctors with Borders.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x11 - Black Tag.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x04 - Sometimes It's a Zebra.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x02 - We Plug Holes.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x07 - Buen Arbol.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://192.168.1.100/shares/TV/Code Black/Code Black - 1x03 - Pre-Existing Conditions.mp4', it won't be added to the library.
14:17:20 T:139802792601344 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
14:17:20 T:139801604888320 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I checked the TVDB website, and it definitely has these episodes.

Any ideas?
I'm seeing this same issue now. My Movies and TV Shows libraries have worked flawlessly for some years now. Recently, new movies and TV Shows are not showing up in the libraries after library updates (automated or manual). I am able to play the movies/shows if I go via the Files method. I'm not sure where to check the logs. XBMC (yes it is XBMC on ATV2) is not crashing so I don't think there is any point looking at crashlogs. If someone can point me to where to look I will happily gather as much info as possible. I really want to get this fixed but can't upgrade to later versions due to instability on the old ATV2 hardware (even the version I am running has it's moments!).
I have been plagued by this problem for quite some time. I have went crazy (spent hours) doing everything I could to solve it. It still continues today but only for some series when adding new episodes.

I use ViMediaManager to scrape info from TVDB and it does it well.

I have my content set for "Local Information Only".

I solve the problem by temporarily switching to TVDB from "Local Information Only", letting Kodi do a full library refresh, then switch back to "Local Information Only" and again allow a full library refresh and everything shows up.

I refresh library every start-up and the problem does not return, then, when I happen to add one or two new episodes to an unrelated folder, I lose those same odd seasons, in the other shows and have to repeat the solution.

I Do Not change any naming or (re-configure my media folders) when doing this and it works every time.

Most series new episodes add with no problem but this solution is the only fix for those that do not.

I see many other people with different series, with many different naming conventions having the same problem as myself.

My conclusion is that there is a tiny flaw somewhere in the way Kodi introduces and compiles (locks out ?) data for new episodes, into an existing database, that causes this deeply annoying problem

It is an odd library database corruption that is extremely difficult to delete (or overcome) but, that said, my solution works every time.
This has been troubling me for a long while now and I can't find anyway around it, I'll try your workaround shortly SDK thanks for sharing that.

All of my files get renamed via Media Companion and every other TV Show shows up fine except for one with local information. The annoying thing is it shows Season one for this program but will not show up the remaining 6 seasons. If I go to "Files", they are all there and playable. If I allow the scarper to get information from online, everything shows up fine though but I'd like to keep things local as I can store everything on my NAS.
Do not update to Kodi 16.0 “Jarvis” if you have this problem.

I felt adventurous and tried release candidate 3 thinking the bug might be fixed... Big mistake.

Many (TV Shows) media folders now crash Kodi on library updates (Movies and Videos work perfectly)

My workaround does not work anymore. The bug has gotten worse.

As my install was trashed I did all types of experiments from reinstalling to removing folders.

Removing folders, as the update crashed, stopped the crashing but left several of my TV Shows out of the library.

As soon as I added them back, the crashes returned as well as the original problem of many seasons being left out of the library scan.

I run a fully unified network and serve my media via DLNA all over the house.

My media library scans and reads local data perfectly from any other app or device I choose to use.

The problem only happens w/KODI :-(

After hours of frustration I restored my complete application support library via TimeMachine to KODI 15, reinstalled a new copy of the app and all is back working with my previous workaround.

What a time consuming, stressful, waste of time.

I will be so grateful when someone gets to the bottom of this awful problem.

Regards...

P.S. I should clarify that I am running MacOS 10.8.5 on a Mac Pro not iOS. My iPad 4 plays from the same media library in question via a link to my DLNA server using Buzz player, Nexus 5 plays using Kodi or BubbleUPNP.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series shows up in "Files" but not in "TV Shows"0