Script categories for www.xbmcscripts.com
hi,
as we are working on a new improved version of http://www.xbmcscripts.com, we would like to get your feedback of what script categories there should be.
currently there are the following categories:

communication
all scripts that have to do with communication. examples of this are irc and mail scripts.

other
all the scripts which don't fit in the other categories.

media: other
this category contains other scripts (than streaming) that are media related.

media: streaming
this is the category containing all scrips that handles streaming of media like trailers, radio and tv-channels.

news
scripts that have to do with news sites and blogs.

tv-guides
this category contain scripts which download and show the program for various tv-channels.

modules
contains modules for developers to use in their scripts in order to make development more easy.

please tell us which categories you think should get added/removed/changed.

thx
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
you should have an all category, so you can view all of the scripts at once if you feel inclined to do so. i also believe you should allow the vistor to somewhat choose how many scripts they view on the page at once (10, 20 or all), instead of having to go through multiple pages of the same category to get to certain scripts.
utilities
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
maybe something like the top 10 most favorite scripts.

bernd
Quote:maybe something like the top 10 most favorite scripts.
this is already done at the top :
Quote:most downloaded
aqtbrowser (12086)
ooba v1.1 (12062)
launchbrowser v1.7 (9906)
xbmclyrics (8500)
quicktimebrowser 1.36a (6114)
it is not top ten, but top5 !!
i would love to have the ability to browse all scripts by date added.

i know the front page has the five newest scripts, but if i visit once every couple of weeks i wonder which scripts i missed besides those 5 on the front page. then i end up browsing each category top to bottom looking for additions i missed.

i would prefer to be able to browse all new scripts in descending order. i think it would make navigation much faster for repeat visitors.

otherwise, cheers on the good site!

coreyinoz
i know the system isn't great, but i have made some custom things to improve that. apperantly you have missed it though Smile

when you click scripts you can click history on the left menu and you'll see the last 25 or so scripts updated.
xbmcscripts.com administrator
(enderw @ july 03 2005,15:35 Wrote:when you click scripts you can click history on the left menu and you'll see the last 25 or so scripts updated.

silly me - never noticed that. cheers for pointing it out.

coreyinoz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script categories for www.xbmcscripts.com0