OS X Eden NFS mount & QNAP NAS & standby
I am mounting a Qnap TS-410 NAS via NFS in XBMC Eden on my mac mini (Macmini4,1 / Mid [email protected]) and trigger XBMC Start/Stop with my Logitech Harmony Remote. So far so good.

I also use iTunes with a 2nd USB Audioport to listen to my music which is stored on the mac mini HD. A soon as I wake up my mac mini (with Apple Remote from the iPhone or iPad) my Qnap TS-410 is leaving the standby mode and gets online.

Since only my video library is on the Qnap the NAS should only go online when XBMC is launched. Any ideas how that can be solved under Mac OS X?

On my dreambox 800 its working perfect. When I use the dreambox to browse my video library on the Qnap the NAS only leaves standvy mode when I launch the video browser on my dreambox.

Any help is appreciated.

gf_4
You could try using the internal nfs client of xbmc instead of mounting it. I guess then the wakeup of the mac wouldn't wakeup your nas because it wouldn't be accessed in that moment at all.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm sorry if I messed things up. I'm using the internal nfs-client from XBMC Eden. I do not mount the NAS with Mac OS X. I guess that when waking up the mac mini, the xmbc helper process is checking the NFS connection, wakes up the NAS and keeps it awake all the time - though XBMC is not running then.
Nope XBMCHelper isn't even capable of doing things like this. If your NAS supports AFP or announces its services via ZeroConf it might be OSX waking it up by connecting to an announced service (doesn't even need to be nfs)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you for pointing me in this direction. The Qnap NAS does support AFP and it is currently active. I will check if disabling AFP does the trick.

Thank you
gf_4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden NFS mount & QNAP NAS & standby0