XBMC on Asus Transformer android tablet
Have you tried a simple "sudo apt-get install libcec-dev" or "... install libcec"?

I'm no expert here, but a quick squint at these two suggests that it's part of the xbmc ppa:

http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/ppa/xbmc?dist=oneiric

http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/xbm...libcec-dev

Yep tried both those commands. Before and after adding the Pulse Eight repo

package not found
There probably is no libcec for arm. just install the remaining dependencies and leave libcec out, you don't need it.
how is this coming along?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
make sure you configure with --disable-neon, tegra2 does not have neon.
Again, bear in mind I'm a linux noob here.

I don't know how to "install the remaining dependencies". I'm just following the steps to compile xbmc and I get that error on that step so I can't move forward.

the needed dependencies are under step 3 of the Readme: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ADME.linux

if you see a "|" between 2 packages, it means either the first or the second package.
Just install all of them via apt-get
@wsnipex Can you give me the exact command? I've tried installing the one that is says is missing by running "apt-get install libcec-dev" and it failed to locate tha package. I've installed the proper repo too.

If you can give me the command to get all those missing dependencies then maybe I can get through this hurdle and move on to the next.
Bit of sleuthing needed here - libcec-dev isn't listed in those dependencies (so it's not an either|or, but it's not even needed according to this) - which means it's been inserted as a dependency by something else. I'm guessing that one of the initial build files will include it.

Kafluke - have a look at text files in your compilation directory, see what they contain. Look for files that sound like they'd be used with bootstrap or configure - that's where your dependencies are most likely to be. If you want the sledgehammer approach, you can probably use some form of grep -n -H libcec * - that will search every file for the string "libcec" and print out the file name and line number where it occurs.

If it's really not needed, you may try removing the dependency and seeing if it will compile then, although you may get errors later on if anything does try to incorporate anything from this package.
you do not need libcec! The ubuntu package has support for it compiled in, thats why it depends on it.
I already told you to just ignore it.
(2012-05-26, 11:40)wsnipex Wrote: you do not need libcec! The ubuntu package has support for it compiled in, thats why it depends on it.
I already told you to just ignore it.

I know you "already told" me but if you read my posts you'll see that I'm just following a guide and I don't have the experience that some of you have yet. Telling me to just "ignore" it and move on is like telling my 5 year old to "just git the source".

As I told you before, I don't know how to ignore it. I can't go to the next step in the guide I'm using until that one completes and that one is erroring out.
ok: skip the part from the guide that says "apt-get build-dep xbmc". This does not work because of non-existing libcec and possible other libs.
Instead install the dependencies(from the readme above) manually.

e.g. all on 1 single line:

Code:
sudo apt-get install debhelper python-support cmake  autotools-dev autoconf automake unzip libboost-dev zip libtool  libgl1-mesa-dev  libgl-dev libglu1-mesa-dev  libglu-dev libglew-dev  libmad0-dev libjpeg-dev libsamplerate-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev  libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libfribidi-dev  libsqlite3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libasound2-dev libpng12-dev  libpng-dev  libpcre3-dev liblzo2-dev libcdio-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev  libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libenca-dev libjasper-dev libxt-dev  libxmu-dev libxinerama-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev  libcurl-dev  libdbus-1-dev libhal-storage-dev libhal-dev libpulse-dev  libavahi-common-dev libavahi-client-dev libxrandr-dev libavcodec-dev  libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libpostproc-dev libswscale-dev  libmpeg2-4-dev libass-dev libmpcdec-dev libflac-dev  python-dev gawk gperf nasm libcwiid1-dev  libbluetooth-dev zlib1g-dev libsmbclient-dev libboost-thread-dev  libiso9660-dev libssl-dev lsb-release libvdpau-dev libmicrohttpd-dev  libmodplug-dev librtmp-dev libcrystalhd-dev curl python-dev libyajl-dev  libplist-dev libusb-dev libudev-dev libltdl-dev libtinyxml-dev

this will throw a couple of errors, in my case:
Code:
Package libcurl-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  libcurl4-openssl-dev 7.22.0-3ubuntu4
  libcurl4-nss-dev 7.22.0-3ubuntu4
  libcurl4-gnutls-dev 7.22.0-3ubuntu4
You should explicitly select one to install.

Package libcwiid1-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libcwiid-dev:i386 libcwiid-dev

E: Package 'libgl-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libcurl-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libcwiid1-dev' has no installation candidate

to resolve the errors, follow the hints.
Replace those virtual packages (libcurl-dev in my example) with a real one, eg. libcurl4-openssl-dev.
Leave out all packages that "have no installation candidate" or are not available(in your case e.g. libcec-dev)

rinse and repeat until the apt-get command succeeds.
Awesome! Thanks, I'll try right now and report back (it takes a while to properly copy a big block of text and paste using just my touchscreen and fingers in ubuntu)
Ok what about this one:

E: Unable to locate package libcrystalhd-dev
Ok I did what you suggested. The apt-get command that you gave me only ends with the "unable to locate package". I went ahead with the guide.

Here are the steps according to the guide:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc (skipped and instead ran your command above)
$ cd $HOME/XBMC
$ ./bootstrap (returns with: "./bootstrap: 5: autoreconf: not found")

stopped there

$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install
Quote:Leave out all packages that "have no installation candidate" or are not available(in your case e.g. libcec-dev)

rinse and repeat until the apt-get command succeeds.

In case that was was not clear enough: remove all "not available" packages from the apt-get install line, until apt-get succeeds without error!
If it errors out, _nothing_ is installed!

You also might want to start sshd(sudo apt-get install ssh) on your tablet and login from a PC with a keyboard(via ssh). Using the touchscreen is way too tedious for this kind of work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Asus Transformer android tablet0