Movie Sound Dropping (log included)
I have several movies where the sound drops and does not come back if I have the sound stream set to DTS-HD MA. The sound drops at the same exact spot each time. All of my movies are .mkv files. I am outputting via optical from the motherboarrd and have my settings on Wasapi Realtek Digital Output (Optical). If i choose directsound the sound first begins to stutter before completely dropping. If I choose the regular DTS soundtrack I have no issues. My computer consists of the following:
Core i72600k
Asus P8Z68-V Pro /Gen 3 motherboard
Win 7 Pro 64 bit

I am running Eden and outputting to a McIntosh MX132 pre/pro.

Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/TKSDGQDb

Thanks for any help.

Tom

Eden does not support DTS-MA, so you should only be getting core DTS anyways. Try the nightlies if you want DTS-MA (and your hw supports it).
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I understand Eden doesn't support DTS-MA, but shouldn't it play the core DTS without issue? When I use MakeMKV I am currently ripping both the DTS-MA and DTS streams because my previous hardware didn't do a good job of playing the core DTS from the DTS-MA stream. However, I would like to only rip one audio stream to save a little space.

I am only looking for DTS and Dolby Digital playback for now as my pre/pro has no hdmi and doesn't handle DTS-MA or TrueHD.

Yes, it should extract and play the DTS core. WASAPI is the way to go. You mention the core plays fine but it fails on the DTS-MA track? I would still try the newest nightlies - you can always disable the DTS-MA, but I think the core code is better for extracting the DTS. That and we'll get better debugging info.

You log wasn't done with debugging enabled, so I can see it failed, but not any hint as to why.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Upgrading to the May 20 nightly fixes the problem.

Just in case it is helpful, here is the debug log when using Eden:
http://pastebin.com/qdWLxMqT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sound Dropping (log included)0