Delete after watching
Another feature request for this skin. Ability to delete an episode after watching it. There has been some work by igotdvds already on this so check it out here.

Would be nice to have this feature. (fyi also make sure it doesnt interfere with trakt utilities rating after a show)

Thanks for all your hard work guys.

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I read through that thread, and personally I have to agree that this functionality belongs in an add-on, not in the skin itself.

I agree 1,000,000%. Those of us that want to keep our video collection in tact, do NOT need something that we could accidentally enable, causing a huge mishap. I work to hard to get my videos and xbmc setup the way I want it, to have a disaster that a program like this could cause.

(2012-05-22, 15:50)jingai Wrote: I read through that thread, and personally I have to agree that this functionality belongs in an add-on, not in the skin itself.

People probably wouldn't accidentally enable it, but I still think it should be in an add-on and not a feature of each skin. The biggest reason is that since it's destructive by nature, it should be the same option in every skin. The easiest way to make it a global feature is to, well.. make it globally available via an add-on. That allows me to be absolutely sure that it's disabled everywhere by disabling/uninstalling it in one place, rather than switching to each and every skin I might have installed to disable it.

Plus.. why have all skin authors duplicate the work when you can put it in one place?
I have to agree features like this should be in an addon. Even then I don't think it should be developed at all. In nearly 20 years of software development I have always argued against any sort of instant automated deletions. It's just a disaster waiting to happen. When past clients pushed for features like this I would always point out how they could do it but never would I let my team do the work. I'd rather lose a client than have a bug delete the wrong data...

<soap box off>

-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete after watching0