Strange behavior after suspend/resume
About half the time, when my computer suspends with XBMC running, I see weird behavior after waking from sleep. I'll be on a library page (e.g. tv shows), and the screen will stay dim despite the cursor responding to up/down presses. If I press back, the title I'm on will no longer be highlighted but the page doesn't pop. After this, pressing keys (e.g. power, up down, back, etc.) will result in a keypress sound, but no visual change on the screen. I have to launch task manager and kill XBMC to get things working again. I started noticing this behavior after upgrading to v 11.0 (according to system info, compiled on march 21st) -- it didn't do this on earlier versions. Has anyone else seen this?

Some system specs:

Hardware: ASROCK ION3D 152D
XBMC version: 11.0
Skin: Confluence

Thanks
odd, no i haven't.

but i have Windows set to kill XBMC before going to sleep, and starting it when waking, using Task Scheduler
Yes, I have the same problem. It has not always been like this though, it started acting weird after a couple of months of use. It is only if I suspend and wake the computer up that the problem arises. XBMC works like a charm after a reboot.
(2012-05-23, 03:42)jht3 Wrote: odd, no i haven't.

but i have Windows set to kill XBMC before going to sleep, and starting it when waking, using Task Scheduler

Odd - why on earth would you bother to kill/restart it if you didn't have issues? Tongue
Do you have some rough info on how you set it up and the process you apply when shutting down?

I also have the same issues mentioned by the other two posters after resuming from sleep.
This behaviour only started after installing Eden. It is way more common if I am using the Mythbox plugin (ie: now happening 9 out of 10 times), but it also happens for regular videos.

Regular sleep/shutdown process: - I hit power off all activities on the Harmony remote and the pc goes into sleep mode.
Alternate shutdown: - select menu, select power off, wait til PC shuts down. Hit power off all activities on the Harmony remote.

Symptoms:
When watching TV shows via Mythbox, I will see the following:
-playback starts, the resuming box appears at the bottom right but often will not fade away.
-doesn't matter if I pick "play" or "play and skip commercials"
-the seeking box at the top right will appear when skipping commercials, but often not fade away.
Or..
-I will attempt to skip the first commercial, but XBMC will not recognize/respond to remote control commands. Video continues to play.
-at that time, I can try to alt-tab, open task manager and kill it, but that only works half the time. The wireless keyboard gets ignored too.
Often resulting in poweroff/poweron.

Similar things happen with regular videos (skipping and all other remote control commands are ignored) - but they are less common than with Mythbox.

Other issues I see include:
-shuddering while panning big scenes after waking the machine from sleep (restarting the computer and watching the same video fixes that).
-RSS feeds stutter until I switch menu items (say, select music and then back to videos)

Workarounds:
I have to use task manager to kill it (if that is possible - sometimes it is unresponsive requires poweroff/poweron).
I have started to shutdown the pc instead of sleeping.
When status boxes won't fade away during playback, sometimes stopping and restarting fixes it.

Hardware:
ASUS M3N78-EM - onboard video, using Analogue out and SPDIF for sound (more fun than HDMI in the end!).
Harmony 700 remote + Hauppage MCE receiver.
Mini wireless keyboard
Patriot Inferno 60GB SSD
Edit: OS = Windows 7 Ultimate.
(2012-05-23, 02:53)failWhale Wrote: About half the time, when my computer suspends with XBMC running, I see weird behavior after waking from sleep. I'll be on a library page (e.g. tv shows), and the screen will stay dim despite the cursor responding to up/down presses. If I press back, the title I'm on will no longer be highlighted but the page doesn't pop. After this, pressing keys (e.g. power, up down, back, etc.) will result in a keypress sound, but no visual change on the screen. I have to launch task manager and kill XBMC to get things working again. I started noticing this behavior after upgrading to v 11.0 (according to system info, compiled on march 21st) -- it didn't do this on earlier versions. Has anyone else seen this?

Some system specs:

Hardware: ASROCK ION3D 152D

Thanks

Hi,

I see the same behavior on two different systems at home.

Hardware: Asus 1501P

Hardware: Asus P5N7A-VM, ASUS GT430

The screen will stay dimmed when resumed from standby, XBMC responds to up/down key presses, but it's no possible to go back or start playback. The time (upper right corner) is updated correctly. No obvious faults in the log, only some onwake events.

Resuming from standby usually works if the system has been in standby for a shorter time (a couple of hours), but fails when the system has been in standby for a longer period ( a couple of days).

I have set up the clients to use a common MySQL db, the db is hosted on a NAS (qnap439pro) running 24/7.

As workaround one could set XBMC to restart after resume according to this post, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid757941

However, this seems to be fault within XBMC 11.0 that should be addressed. If more information is required, let me know. I will see if I can recreate the issue and post logs.

Regards
/jonas

Have a look at my XBMCLauncher application. It will close xbmc when pc begins to sleep and restart xbmc when windows resumes.
I will take a look at the XBMCLauncher application.

But I still believe this is fault in XBMC and in that case it should be fixed.
I see the same behavior in Frodo 12.0 Beta 1, I submitted an issue http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13608

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange behavior after suspend/resume0