upcoming Arctic MC101 mediacenters
Hey all

Just stumbled across a new line of mediacenters coming out mid-june by Arctic, based on the AMD Trinity processors. I think they look really sleek, and for a price of 299€ for the A8 barebone and 359€ for the A10 barebone, it's looking very promising. Just gotta pop in an HD/SSD and you're good to go. Sorta beats going through the trouble of building your own cookiecutter Silverstone ML03B + Llano setup. Seeing as it's dominantly a cooling manifacturer, i have high hopes for it being very quiet too.

What are your thoughts ?

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/enterta...enter.html MC101, the top 3 brushed aluminium beauties Wink
yeah we saw those back in awhile...
i think they'll be very pricey...
but there nice looking
Don't seem to be that expensive....
The MC101 Barebone (A10) costs €359.00....I wonder if we will be in a position to change the ram and possibly the APU in the future if needed.....
I'll try to contact them
they ought to be quite futureproof no ? 4gb and the latest AMD APU's should run xbmc and full HD for years to come, till 4k becomes mainstream :p I believe it's 4GB max tho, think it said so in the press release
(2012-05-23, 16:31)Bokothor Wrote: they ought to be quite futureproof no ? 4gb and the latest AMD APU's should run xbmc and full HD for years to come, till 4k becomes mainstream :p I believe it's 4GB max tho, think it said so in the press release

I think you are right...it should cover the needs for too long.
As for the memory, the press release says up to 4GB. I checked the specs pdf and they have both 4GB and 8GB combinations....
Hi All,

- the APU used is the mobile version, it is on a socket, so changeable, but I guess it will be very difficult to find as end-user.
- There are 2x2.5 inches bay, so you can install up to 2TB HDD (2x1TB),
- As for the RAM, there is a typo in the Press release, it should be "From 4GB", an 8GB version will be available shortly. But as pointed out before, with 4GB, you have already enough to do a lot.

Idle power consumption (around 10W)
Come chez memes.

Running XBMC on my MC001 with Openelec. Perfect HTPC with high WAF.
(2012-05-25, 13:35)Memes11 Wrote: Hi All,

- the APU used is the mobile version, it is on a socket, so changeable, but I guess it will be very difficult to find as end-user.
- There are 2x2.5 inches bay, so you can install up to 2TB HDD (2x1TB),
- As for the RAM, there is a typo in the Press release, it should be "From 4GB", an 8GB version will be available shortly. But as pointed out before, with 4GB, you have already enough to do a lot.

Idle power consumption (around 10W)

Is it not possible to install higher HDD's or is there a limitiation in the board?
max 2,5 is 1TB so that times 2
I'd still wouldn't recommend 2x mechanical hdd in a barbone like that due to heat..
The maximum size allowed by the case is 9.5mm so max 1TB. If in the future they come with a 2TB in 9.5mm, that will be OK too.
Come chez memes.

Running XBMC on my MC001 with Openelec. Perfect HTPC with high WAF.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upcoming Arctic MC101 mediacenters0